5E4UL4VPD5AE3IRFFSH6T7RRGI

Great pic, Live Long and Prosper and thanks for the memories

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Dear Friends, Fans, Colleagues, World,
I regret to inform you that a great light in the firmament no longer shines for us as it has for so many years.
nichelle_nichols_lego.jpg

Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away. Her light, however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration.
Hers was a life well lived and as such a model for us all.
I, and the rest of our family, would appreciate your patience and forbearance as we grieve her loss until we can recover sufficiently to speak further. Her services will be for family members and the closest of her friends and we request that her and our privacy be respected.
Live Long and Prosper,
Kyle Johnson

=========================

REST in PEACE

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rest in power queen. fukked up cause we lost Bill and Nichelle on the same day. They don't make black entertainers like this anymore.

Both were black through and through and stated that their goal was to show black folks in a positive light. I will never forget the story how this sista said she was going to quit star trek. But MLK told her one day at an NAACP function how important her role was for African americans, because she was the only black face on the show and only black person (male or female) in all of tv that was not in a stereotypical role.

Right then after that conversation she decided not to quit her role on Star Trak.

broller

Veteran
Daps
Rest in power queen. fukked up cause we lost Bill and Nichelle on the same day. They don't make black entertainers like this anymore.

Both were black through and through and stated that their goal was to show black folks in a positive light. I will never forget the story how this sista said she was going to quit star trek. But MLK told her one day at an NAACP function how important her role was for African americans, because she was the only black face on the show and only black person (male or female) in all of tv that was not in a stereotypical role.

Right then after that conversation she decided not to quit her role on Star Trak.

Great story. R.I.P. to her

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Great

From the comfort of the 21st century, I don't think we fully appreciate what pioneers went through. When you are the first, there is an incredible amount of responsibility that comes along with it. Images and representation matters.