Nigerian/Jamaican wedding..

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No, they're either travelers or emigrants. They are not "in the diaspora" whatever that means.
i'm not sure you know what diaspora means

di·as·po·ra
dīˈaspərə/
noun
  1. the dispersion of the Jews beyond Israel.
    • Jews living outside Israel.
    • the dispersion of any people from their original homeland.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
i'm not sure you know what diaspora means

di·as·po·ra
dīˈaspərə/
noun
  1. the dispersion of the Jews beyond Israel.
    • Jews living outside Israel.
    • the dispersion of any people from their original homeland.

I understand that. What I don’t understand is how a continental African traveling abroad counts as “dispersion.”

From my understanding the term is used for non/unintentional separation of a people and their homelands.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I understand that. What I don’t understand is how a continental African traveling abroad counts as “dispersion.”

From my understanding the term is used for non/unintentional separation of a people and their homelands.

No, it just means people outside of their homeland, regardless of whether or not that dispersion was intentional or not.

I remeber in college there were big debates as to if Nigerians in the diaspora were Nigerian-lite in that they would pick and choose what part of the Nigerian community to identify with and such.

Nigerian diaspora is massive. Huge numbers in the UK, US, Canada and now places like Australia, Malaysia and the EU.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
You wouldn't have to steal shyt. There'd be so much food they'd literally be forcing you to take a lot home with you
Lies, if you are too late, the really good food that you want is all gone or you aren't getting what earlier folks got :mjcry: I know far too well

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not quite sure about this. The Congos weren't really an outpost for slave trade. If anything I'd tip my hat to Angola or Mozambique over the Congos.

Alot of Congolese were sent to South America and Cuba

There was alot of traffic between Cuba and Jamaica which are close to each other which is plausible the Congolese connection. Jamcaica has Akan and Congolese words in the patios

To a lesser extent they have descendents from parts of Sierra Leone and Mali(minority)

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Haha. I went to this wedding Great time

Won't post family photos, but you know you done had an experience at a 3-day, Nigerian wedding(festival):whew:. And adding W.I in the mix:picard:

Talk about a smorgasbord of fuccery entertainment:russ: