"Nintendo Begins Distributing Software Kit for New NX Platform"Ninty coming for the throne? :lupe:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
TOKYO- Nintendo Co. DISTRIBUTING has begun a software development kit for its new NX platform videogame, people familiar with the matter said, suggesting the company is on track to enter the product as early as next year.

The kit is used by third-party software developers to modify existing games for the platform or create new ones. Videogame console makers such as Nintendo's popular game titles like to have ready when they start selling the new devices.

Nintendo's current flagship products are the Wii U, a console typically used in the living room, and the 3DS portable device. Both have been out for several years, leading analysts to predict that the Kyoto-based entertainment powerhouse will move fairly swiftly to bring out the NX.

"We are increasingly of the idea that Nintendo might launch the NX in 2016 because of the softness of the 3DS and Wii U," said David Gibson, an analyst at Macquarie Capital Securities.

A Nintendo spokeswoman said the company plans to disclose details of the NX next year.

Square Enix Co. said in July that it planned to make the latest version of its blockbuster role-playing game Dragon Quest for the NX. That version, called Dragon Quest XI, is also planned for the 3DS and Sony Corp. . 'S PlayStation 4.

The exact shape of the NX hardware is not yet clear. People familiar with the development said the plans would likely include both a Nintendo console and at least one mobile unit that could be used together with either the console or taken on the road for separate use. Nintendo also said they would aim to put chips in the industry-leading NX devices, after criticism that the Wii U's capabilities did not match those of competitors.

Nintendo's former president, Satoru Iwata , NX said in March that "is a dedicated platform for videogames." Mr. Iwata died in July , and was assumed his post in September by Tatsumi Kimishima, a former banker who served as one of Mr. Iwata at Nintendo's top lieutenants.

Mr. Kimishima is natural to carry forward the strategy of Mr. Iwata, a legendary figure for many fans of the videogame. In the months before his death, Mr. Iwata laid out plans to put in games for the Nintendo characters under a partnership with mobile devices Everything Co. and made a deal with amusement park operator Universal Parks & Resorts , which is part of Comcast Corp.

"Nintendo is no longer just a traditional videogame company," said industry veteran Hirokazu Hamamura, a director at Kadokawa Dwan Corp., which publishes magazines about videogames

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintend...-software-kit-for-new-nx-platform-1444996588&

kinda sucks that I asked for a wii u for xmas last year tho :francis:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Be more powerful then PS4 and online capabilities that can compete with PSN/Live and get all the 3rd party games PS4 does and I'll be there day 1 Nintendo, but ofcousre that won't happen. Sohh I'll be getting my kid his own PS4 this Xmas. fukk you Nintendo, you burned kids and parents with the Wii U. Did not expect to have to replace my kids Wii U so soon, but the thing gets no games and the PS3 is old as fukk, now I need to get him his own PS4 so he stop playing on daddy's. Costing me more money Nintendo. fukk you:mjcry:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I just realized I haven't even turned on my Wii u in over 6 months.

Same, couldn't make my self beat bayonetta 1 (haven't even popped in 2), smash was straight and so was SMW3D.

The fact I never catch their games on sale is another reason why I don't play it as much.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im more curious about the NX handheld than the console.:ehh:

The console can go either way (it wont be as powerful as a PS4, maybe Xbone) but with the Vita dead, Japanese developers need a new home aside from the PS4.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I'm interested in two things:
a) the mobile part has me thinking that it will connect via LTE or something to the home console. The home console may double as a server? Some type of streaming games on the go?
b) "Industry leading chips" - I'm not as big on the graphics wars as other people on that site (been off that since college) but if it is comparable to the X1 and PS4 than Nintendo is about to make that $$ (as if they already don't)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im more curious about the NX handheld than the console.:ehh:

The console can go either way (it wont be as powerful as a PS4, maybe Xbone) but with the Vita dead, Japanese developers need a new home aside from the PS4.
Why can't it? The ps4 hardware is 2012 stuff.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo released 2004 level stuff in 2012, there's no way they're releasing 2012+ level hardware in 2016. The NX Console will be running on 2009 hardware at best because that's how they roll now.
Breh this is false.
It has twice the amount of RAM than last Gen consoles and a better GPU.

It is not comparable to a gamecube.