Nintendo dropped the best Mario and Zelda in the same year brehs

Daps
As someone who openly rejected the Wii and hadn't played a Nintendo game in a decade this shyt is incredible.

I'm no stan but I grew up on super Mario bros 3, world, 64 as well as link to the past and ocarina of time.

But I think it's time we finally put those nostalgia goggles down and realize those masterpieces have been topped.

After beating both of these games I can confidently say Breath of the wild is by far the best Zelda I ever played and if it had a dedicated story, could've been the best game of all time.

Now my nostalgia kills me for saying it but truthfully Odyssey is the best Mario game ever. 64 was fukking fantastic, but come on. There's so much more in this game, more to interact with, more content worth exploring and experimentation.

I hated the wii but I'll be damned if they didn't come back hard af with the switch.

I can literally only imagine what smash bros will be like.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
you've missed a lot of classics. But BOTW and Odyssey in the same year had to be an apology for the Wii U. As I'm playing SMO...geez, this game is just beautiful. Amazingly put together. I didn't read the credits but Iwata must have had some will put in this game. just emotionally drags you in, and is...fun.

Smash I'm probably gonna have to pre order. The streets been waiting. They're probably gonna add a leader board too.

Also love how once you get used to the controls in both BOTW and SMO it just feels wonderful. I was so thrown off by BOTW's controls but now I love them.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I been meaning to buy a switch just for those games

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
As someone who openly rejected the Wii and hadn't played a Nintendo game in a decade this shyt is incredible.

I'm no stan but I grew up on super Mario bros 3, world, 64 as well as link to the past and ocarina of time.

But I think it's time we finally put those nostalgia goggles down and realize those masterpieces have been topped.

After beating both of these games I can confidently say Breath of the wild is by far the best Zelda I ever played and if it had a dedicated story, could've been the best game of all time.

Now my nostalgia kills me for saying it but truthfully Odyssey is the best Mario game ever. 64 was fukking fantastic, but come on. There's so much more in this game, more to interact with, more content worth exploring and experimentation.

I hated the wii but I'll be damned if they didn't come back hard af with the switch.

I can literally only imagine what smash bros will be like.
BOTW aint top no OOT or LTTP u wilding :gucci:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I’m enjoying failing at getting moons in Mario Odyssey but you reaching with Zelda.

Exploration is master class in that game, but combat is haute garbage and that detracted my enjoyment of BoTW quite a bit.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
LTTP owns my heart still so I'll disagree.
Odyssey is godlike though

I’m enjoying failing at getting moons in Mario Odyssey but you reaching with Zelda.

Exploration is master class in that game, but combat is haute garbage and that detracted my enjoyment of BoTW quite a bit.
Combat is one of the best aspects of the game :gucci:
Great parry/dodge system and the weapons actually have weight to them. Plus adding in elemental attacks and basically bullet time with the bow, saying combat is garbage is crazy.
Now if you wanna argue that the game hampers you a bit and even discourages combat with the weapons constantly breaking, I can see that. But the system itself is nice.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
LTTP owns my heart still so I'll disagree.
Odyssey is godlike though

Combat is one of the best aspects of the game :gucci:
Great parry/dodge system and the weapons actually have weight to them. Plus adding in elemental attacks and basically bullet time with the bow, saying combat is garbage is crazy.
Now if you wanna argue that the game hampers you a bit and even discourages combat with the weapons constantly breaking, I can see that. But the system itself is nice.
I love the bow and arrow system. Especially a guy like me who sucks at aiming in general having it in slow motion was a major help.

Maybe I should’ve worded it better... because it is the weapon breaking mechanics that bugs the hell out of me in the game.

....a lot of the shrines got on my last nerve too...:hubie:

:mjgrin:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is perfect to me.

If there was an HD version of it for Switch, I'd be playing it now instead of Odyssey.