Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If they switch up the enemies, locations, and bosses up considerably more than the 1st game, we've got a winner

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I like it, but that's no surprise because the first one is one of my favorite games ever. I had to adjust my playstyle a bit, because I still play the first every day, and naturally with a fully powered player I can play more way more aggressive. So I was getting myself in bad situations (ki gets broken so damn fast) and I had to remember that I couldn't do the same things. So there was a learning curve (or re-learning curve) but I'm feeling good about where I'm at now. Tonfa/Katana are my weapons. I think I'm gonna play through again with Double Swords instead of Tonfa, and maybe give the Hatchets a shot.

One thing that pisses me off is they changed what the Tonfa scale with, so they don't scale with Skill like in the first game. So it seems at endgame, I might have to choose between them and the dual swords, and I don't like that. I like having my 3 weapon rotation.

The Dark Realm is pretty cool. It's annoying because of the slowness of ki recovery, but I guess that's the whole purpose. The new enemies are ok. The Enki are pretty similar to the One-Eyed Oni, just with a weapon. Playing the Twilight Mission today and I saw alot of returning enemies: Guitar Players, Katana Yoki, Raven Tengus (though they're not called Ravens anymore, something with a 'K'), Umbrellas. All our old friends. The two bosses (plus one human) were decent. The first one was, difficult for me at first. Quick, lots of different attacks, and they all hit hard. Once I found a good plan of attack, it was fine. Beat him quick in the Twilight Mission. The 2nd boss was a bit 'eh' to me. Seemed a bit lazy (the whole poison thing. Every game like this just HAS to have a poison level). It was actually pretty similar to the worm in the first one. The 2nd boss was definitely easier than the 1st one which is weird. Feel like the 1st one was super-powered a bit for the demo. Probably be easier when the game drops.

The new skill trees are interesting. Whole new look. The returning weapons (that I use anyways) have mostly the same skills, with a few differences here and there. One thing that I'm really missing is Kannagi (Mystic Art for the Tonfa in the 1st game). I use that so often that not having it has been getting me killed a whole lot. If they don't bring that back in some form, I will NOT be happy. The change from just 'global' Samurai points to weapon-specific points makes sense, but it will make it hard to pick up weapons later on as you'll have zero skills when you first start using them.

I can't really comment on the whole Yokai Shifting aspect, as I don't use my Living Weapon. I did use the Burst Counter a bit, as I like it with the 'Feral' Guardians. The Soul Cores is ok too I guess. The one thing I like is that they have passive abilities, so they act as extra accessories even if you don't wanna use their abilities (they're tied to R2 and Triangle and Square).

Whatever the case, can't wait til this game drops. I've slacked off on the Abyss (stopped at 500). Gonna have to finish that off here in the next few months.

tl;dr: If you liked the 1st one, you'll like this one. Couple new weapons, some new enemies. Two bosses, and one is pretty similar to a boss we saw in the 1st game.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
nah this game is OD crazy stressful...more than pt 1 i think...some of these yokai are ugly as hell...the nikka with the gray ponytail....the big worm thing....save points are more spread out....why cant i use my living weapon :why: havent even seen the bosses yet.....had to do all that just to open the other side of the bridge....:bryan: