No diploma, no problem: Navy again lowers requirements as it struggles to meet recruitment goals

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Black Men in the Military

PRESENT DAY. In 2020, Black Soldiers comprised approximately 21% of the active-duty Army, 15% of the Army National Guard and 21% of the Army Reserve. Black Americans serve in the Army at a rate that is higher than their representation in the U.S. population.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not sure what you really need to join the army or navy, besides understanding orders in english

it's not like the shyt you do in the navy, working on ships and weapons, was being taught to anyone in high school. so why would high school even be relevant :dead:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
not sure what you really need to join the army or navy, besides understanding orders in english

it's not like the shyt you do in the navy, working on ships and weapons, was being taught to anyone in high school. so why would high school even be relevant :dead:
Pretty much all you have to do to get a diploma is show up to school. If you can't even do that, then it doesn't seem like you have the discipline that they expect from people in the military

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Recruitment is low because most young people don't see the point of these jobs.

The prestige that was once associated with being in the military reached its peak back during 9/11 since then people have changed. The US military's image took a hit after 9/11 with some of the stories and stuff that was exposed during that War on Terrorism phase that expanded over 20 years amounting to nothing on the grand scheme except to ruffle more feathers and unintentionally create new terrorists/enemies in the process.

A lot of people forget that there was never a time when the average citizen wanted to join the military in the first place. Back in the early-mid 1900s a lot of those enrollees were due to being drafted (forced) not because most wanted to put their lives on the line for the “greater good”.

Last edited:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No. You just sound like an old fart. :camby: People talk shyt about previous generations:
- Baby Boomers. Irresponsible and fycking too damn much.
- Generation X: Viewed as not having a clue in life. Depictions of Breakfast Club and Animal House were viewed as reflections of them.
- Millennials: All out me, dumb, introverted, liberal, and useless.
- Generation Z: Same bullshyt talking points.

You sound like you masterbate a lot and play PS5.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Which Branch of the military has the Lowest chance of a breh coming up missing or a woman getting Raped by a group of white boys?

I wouldn't mind joining that one lol

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I will just reiterate the same talking points I typically do in these threads:

1. generation Z does not fukk with work or authority in the same way that previous generations did. The hierarchy and politics of the military is anathema to increasingly more and more young people.

2. Weed usage has become normalized in this country and a lot of kids are not gonna give up weed to join.

3. The kids who are desperate to join are either too fat, can’t put weed down, can’t pass the ASVAB or have poor high school grades (that’s where this policy comes into play) or….

4. they have a disqualifying medical condition that previously would not have been detected but is now easily found due to MHS Genesis, the DOD portal that enables cloud sharing between medical databases around the US. Previously the DOD didn’t have access to your private medical records unless you hand-deliver them to recruiting. This isn’t the case anymore.

5. The military is still washing off the stink of the war on terror. The recruiting well of 9/11 ran dry long ago. young people eligible to serve don’t have any inspiration to and more than likely have family who served during the war on Terror who have nothing but horror stories about their time in the desert.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I will just reiterate the same talking points I typically do in these threads:

1. generation Z does not fukk with work or authority in the same way that previous generations did. The hierarchy and politics of the military is anathema to increasingly more and more young people.

2. Weed usage has become normalized in this country and a lot of kids are not gonna give up weed to join.

3. The kids who are desperate to join are either too fat, can’t put weed down, can’t pass the ASVAB or have poor high school grades (that’s where this policy comes into play) or….

4. they have a disqualifying medical condition that previously would not have been detected but is now easily found due to MHS Genesis, the DOD portal that enables cloud sharing between medical databases around the US. Previously the DOD didn’t have access to your private medical records unless you hand-deliver them to recruiting. This isn’t the case anymore.

5. The military is still washing off the stink of the war on terror. The recruiting well of 9/11 ran dry long ago. young people eligible to serve don’t have any inspiration to and more than likely have family who served during the war on Terror who have nothing but horror stories about their time in the desert.

The blunder called The War on Terror may be the nail in the coffin for appealing to the youth from 2006 onwards. The median age for active soldiers are older than ever, and now the armed forces are legit terrified that blue states offering free tuition for all public colleges with HS grads having a 3.0 or higher, cut down their recruitment efforts on a permanent basis.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Which Branch of the military has the Lowest chance of a breh coming up missing or a woman getting Raped by a group of white boys?

I wouldn't mind joining that one lol
these things really don’t happen as often as you would think. But to answer your question, the Air Force is the branch where both of those things are least likely to happen.

The branches that focus on field combat or force projection (ala the navy) have the highest rates of sexual violence against women and mission injuries/incidents. Whereas most Air Force personnel who pass away typically die due to suicide or tragic accidents/health complications.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Alright, I'll give you the rundown since I'm actually in the navy:

The pay on that website is cap...kind of. They factor in the insurance benefits as well into the salary, hence the "salary + benefits". Use the below for the salary figures:

When I was an E-1, I was earning a smooth $550 every fukking 2 weeks, which is downright ass, but I wasn't paying for food, rent or utilities at the time, so that money went into savings since I lived in the barracks. As a single E-1 - E-4, you pretty much HAVE to live that way or else you're gonna stay broke and struggling. As an Enlisted sailor, you really don't start making money until you hit E-5 or E-4 with over four years of service.

And I wouldn't even concern myself with going to war. There are a myriad of reasons why a war won't break out that heavily involves the navy, but the most important reason is that no one can fukk with us without suffering an alarming number of casualties.

Edit: I was an E-1 in 2017. They get paid around $700 today, I belive.

Damn that's not what that article painted it 2 be at all....

false advertising. They need 2 up the $$$

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Society doesn’t care about men.

Why go out and risk you life when the reward isn’t their. Sure 50 years ago a military man would command respect but nowadays there looked at like there something wrong with them.

The only way to respect nowadays is fame. Even money isn’t the end all be all like it used to be.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I mean the amount of idiots and dumbasses I dealt with during my enlistment always left me wondering how they ever got a diploma/GED (ASVAB is a piece of cake designed for an 8th grade level). I got a 93 and other squids and airdales were talking about I was on some Einstein shyt. I was like TF? shyt was elementary math problems and if/then questions. The true dummies who barely passed got sent to the kitchen.

This new policy is just acknowledging what we all know: the vast majority of enlisted would be a major burden on society if left on their own. Extremely low education, no ambition, no drive. If not for the military keeping them disciplined, employed, and on the move constantly there would be even more fukkery on the streets and in the prisons.