Nobody Cares About How You Feel Black Men

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
As I age deeper into my 30s (I'm 32), I understand more and more that this world, even those closest to you, dgaf how you feel. I went through the most traumatic, emotionally/psychologically altering experience of my life these last 2 years; so much so that I entered therapy.

All through those experiences, I still had to balance leading my family, providing, working, being a father to my boys and fulfilling my husbandly duties to my wife. Doing that while trying to maintain yourself is damn near impossible.

Even when people know what you're going through, they feel for you, but in the end, they don't care. No offers of help. Nothing. Not even a conversation even.

We are expected to harbor that pain and keep it moving. There are no breaks for us. There is no time for us to stop, breath and heal. That's why so many of us are so damaged and we end up passing that damage over to our significant others and/or kids and it creates a cycle.

But not me nikka. Despite of all that. I put on my cape for my boys and wife and push through. I keep my smile on at home even if I gotta force that shyt. I can't let my family see me panic because as the head of this house, I can't show panic or else they'll all panic. So I just keep it moving.

My responsibilities drain me but keep me motivated. Every time I look into my kids eyes, I remember how I didn't have my dad at all. It was just me and moms struggling on the east side of Memphis. I owe my family my life so I ignore my pain.

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
True. In the end no one truly cares as much as they let on or even in the magnitude that they believe they do.

I just accept it for what it is. All that matters when it’s all said and done is what you did with your time here, having your own back and making sure that life meets your standards and no one else.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You should hug yourself gives yourself props for keeping it together. And find a way to vent. Forcing yourself to appear happy will eventually blow back. The dismissal of your emotions is an unfortunate generational curse on many black people/men. Find a way to make it a strength or transmute that energy.

Daps
It's no love for black men in this world

Last hired first fired
First to be targeted by police
And get the largest sentences

Women will always try to make it like u the most thirstiest or will assault them first

Every other race is always trying to exploit u or make u feel like crap

It's a tough life

But u got to keep pushing

If u got real ones close to u appreciate them

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@The Coolest Negro ,

You learned a lesson that all men eventually learn, if you're lucky you only have a handful of true friends. If you're unlucky, you have NONE.

People in your circle who genuinely care about you and have your best interest at heart are rare. They reveal themselves when it's time. Everybody else is just an acquaintance.

url

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Yep. As a man you’re on your own for your entire life.

You learn that in the teenage years.

Women finally learn that when they’re old and washed or single mothers. When they are young, childless and beautiful, the world caters to them in every way and because of that, they believe that people are always kind, they believe that people are always willing to help them and listen to them, they think that people are pleasant and friendly, etc…

Then they get to age 35 or so and suddenly realize that people ain’t shyt and the world is cruel.

Last edited: