Non FBA brehs need to check out the Showtime Doc - The Evers /FBA

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The Evers (2019) | SHOWTIME

streams on Hulu and Amazon Prime. Documentary did a great job capturing the intensity and danger FBA's had every single day in the struggle.

This ish wasn't a game at all. The freedoms we all enjoy is because brehs like Medgar Evers put their life on the line for us. Nothing but the highest respect and regard for him and his family.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Ill watch that shyt when you watch and write a book report on jide history of nigeria. Until then....

These nuts were made for holdin....so thats what im gonna dooooooo

And one of these days ill holdem so tight

Theyll bust all over youuuuuuuu :ahh:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Had a lot of people like Eugene Hurst and the Talmadges getting away with murders with stacked all white juries. People going to jail for crimes they didn’t commit, getting felonies for looking at an officer a certain way. Black cops couldn’t arrest white cops. Today, now you can’t arrest too many Asians or you get in trouble. Not to mention copywriting being invented to steal black inventions.

Medgar Evans and CO Chinn were the realest nikkas in this country. Black American history had so many GOATS in a short amount of time

bUt OpPUrTuNiTy

Last edited:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Breh. If we want to school people let's put Foundational Black Americans somewhere in your title. Not everyone here is a Tariq acolyte. And ADOS seems to make way more waves and people are much more aware of what that acronym stands for.

Regardless, I'll check this shyt out. It looks dope. I got this on my list as well as the new doc that dropped on Frontline.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Ill watch that shyt when you watch and write a book report on jide history of nigeria. Until then....

These nuts were made for holdin....so thats what im gonna dooooooo

And one of these days ill holdem so tight

Theyll bust all over youuuuuuuu :ahh:

no need for the disrespect breh.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Breh. If we want to school people let's put Foundational Black Americans somewhere in your title. Not everyone here is a Tariq acolyte. And ADOS seems to make way more waves and people are much more aware of what that acronym stands for.

Regardless, I'll check this shyt out. It looks dope. I got this on my list as well as the new doc that dropped on Frontline.

that's a great point.
ayo much respect to the HBCUs Alcorn and Tougaloo for holding his legacy down. His home is a National Monument now and this film shows why.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
no need for the disrespect breh.

Good insight here

and just like that you bodied your own thread

For starters...we all need to learn about each period, no if and or but. It would stem the flow of stupidity from both sides. The idea and sentiment that some fought and others didn't, some struggle and others didn't. etc etc... most of the :slapfight: comes from bold ignorance of each other.

Second if you are going to try and have any meaningful discourse you can't be inserting the king of c00ns

you closed your own door after opening it. no need for disrespect indeed... there's no respect in the room once that con man piece of shyt enters the room.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@MostReal

Was there any new information revealed about the story of his life or the case in the documentary?

The reason why I ask is, we learned about Medgar Evers when I was 11 years old. His wife/widow was a prominent visible figure in carrying his torch and continuing his legacy.
There is a college named for him out in NYC.
I thought it was common knowledge that everybody was aware of one of the central figures in the Civil Rights Movement.

Your thread title and the post implies that you're just learning about who he was in 2022, or that you're uncovering the story of an obscure hidden figure of history.

Last edited:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
They already know, they don't care. They just want to exploit the situation for themselves :unimpressed:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
and just like that you bodied your own thread

For starters...we all need to learn about each period, no if and or but. It would stem the flow of stupidity from both sides. The idea and sentiment that some fought and others didn't, some struggle and others didn't. etc etc... most of the :slapfight: comes from bold ignorance of each other.

Second if you are going to try and have any meaningful discourse you can't be inserting the king of c00ns

you closed your own door after opening it. no need for disrespect indeed... there's no respect in the room once that con man piece of shyt enters the room.

lol... He be big mad!

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
@MostReal

Was there any new information revealed about the story of his life or the case in the documentary?

The reason why I ask is, we learned about Medgar Evers when I was 11 years old. His wife/widow was a prominent visible figure in carrying his torch and continuing his legacy.
There is a college named for him out in NYC.
I thought it was common knowledge that everybody was aware of one of the central figures in the Civil Rights Movement.

Your thread title and the post implies that you're just learning about who he was in 2022, or that you're uncovering the story of an obscure hidden figure of history.

I felt the interviews were more insightful and captured the intensity of this type of life more so than previous iterations regarding the Evers story. It's a good Doc