North Korean Soldier gets shot fleeing country.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
I wonder if I will see NK liberated in my lifetime

Politically/economically, it's in everyone's advantage that it stay like it is.
  • China doesn't want a unified Korea on its border; they already went to war 70 years ago to prevent exactly that.,
  • South Korea doesn't really want the hassle in integrating the North Korean population into its political system and society; just look at the social/political clashes that happened with the reunification of Germany, and imagine them about 1,000 times more worse. East Germans just half-heartedly supported Communism; North Koreans believe that the Kims are gods.
  • The United States doesn't want the justification for their presence in the Korean peninsula to disappear.
  • No one wants the expense of actually bringing North Korea's infrastructure up to a level matching its neighbors. Again, it was difficult enough with East Germany, and North Korea would be exponentially worse and much more expensive.

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Humans can get parasites through eating contaminated food, by being bitten by an insect or by the parasite entering through the skin.

In the case of the North Korean defector, the first case is most likely. Parasites which enter the body via contaminated food are often worms.

The soldier's food may have been contaminated because the North still uses human faeces as fertiliser, known as "night soil".

North Korean defector found to have 'enormous parasites'

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I remember this. Dude was shot 5 times and when they operated on him they found all these parasitic worms in his intestines. One of them was 11 inches long.
Deep up in his intestines huh :dame: