Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drunk off-duty NYPD cop plows onto Brooklyn sidewalk, killing one

DALE W. EISINGERELLEN MOYNIHANLARRY MCSHANE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 9:13 PM

Bystanders corralled a drunken off-duty cop after his speeding SUV killed a Brooklyn pedestrian and horribly injured three of his college pals in a gruesome wreck, cops and eyewitnesses said.

Officer Nicholas Batka’s vehicle was seen swerving in the seconds before impact. His runaway SUV tore the leg off one victim and left another impaled on a fence, witnesses said.

“The EMTs had to get a saw to remove the man impaled on the railing,” said witness Jaminah Kang, 35. “Another man (looked) like he took a chain saw to the knee.”

The inebriated second-year cop flashed his badge and slipped into his SUV’s passenger’s seat about 3 a.m. on Saturday as the mangled victims writhed in agony on a bloodstained sidewalk in Williamsburg.

A cell phone video captured a man in a red shirt wagging a menacing finger at Batka, keeping the SUV door shut tight and the off-duty cop pinned inside.

“Don’t let him get out!” someone else shouted. “He’s going to run away!”

The sloshed cop was trapped inside the SUV — on the driver’s side by a utility pole he crashed into and on the passenger side by the enraged onlookers.

A 21-year-old man died at Bellevue Hospital after Batka lost control and the gray 2012 SUV Dodge Durango careened off Bedford Ave. just after making a right-hand turn from N. Eighth St.

Batka was charged with manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, three counts of assault, driving while intoxicated, driving with impaired ability and driving on a sidewalk, police said.

Witnesses described a nightmarish scene of chaos and carnage in the darkness once the SUV jumped the curb and plowed into the group walking together along the sidewalk.

“I ran over and this girl's leg was in half,” said Ryan Carpenter, 27, who was heading home when he spied the bloody crash scene.

article-crash-0716.jpg

...........read the rest of the article on the site.

:francis:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I wonder the skin tone of these victims and if their pasts are going to get brought up. Charged the same night. Doesn't matter if it's a car or gun, it's suppose to be justice.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder the skin tone of these victims and if their pasts are going to get brought up. Charged the same night. Doesn't matter if it's a car or gun, it's suppose to be justice.
We need to see this Becky's high school transcript.
Did she smoke weed?
Was she ever arrested?
Did she get written up at work?

:troll:

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
good for those people who trapped him inside, especially after he flashed his badge. what a peice of shyt. fukk the nypd. go down to bay ridge on the weekends and this is a common occurance.. off duty cops getting completely shytfaced and driving their cars home. gun and badge in the car. they all get away with it, but they would be the first to take some guy in on an outstanding warrant for spitting on the sidewalk, putting someone through the system for 72 hours, costing them their job, and then no-showing the court date so the charges are ultimately dismissed. i hope they bury this russian fakkit under the jail. fukk him and his sheepshead bay trash family too