Not For Faint of Heart: Marijuana and Hemp Business Thread

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Big scary guys in hidden back rooms are buying up the Cali market right now. Legalization = monopolization.

If you don't have millions backing you, you're gonna be left out in the cold.

Best bet for small timers/not wealthy people is to get into the medical market in states that aren't rec legal.
in florida they just legalized medical marijuana, but it's limited to about 7 big businesses. :francis:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
That's actually a million dollar idea right there.

The scents from pot are called terepenes and they occur in other plants/fruits/veggies. If you can create a system that could mimic each strains terepene profile then your idea works. You could apply it to scratch and sniff fliers as well. That would be some ridiculously good advertising. I like the idea :ehh:

Maybe it already exists but I considered purchasing a drive through liquor / convenience store in LA in anticipation that they'd eventually allow drive through weed to be sold. If you could set that up with an app to preorder and pick up, I think you have something there.

:ehh:

:wow:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
in florida they just legalized medical marijuana, but it's limited to about 7 big businesses. :francis:

Sounds about right. MA legalized medical in 2012 and it took 3 years to get dispensaries open. Theres only 5 or 6 open today. IIRC NY gave out monopoly licenses to four corporations to handle their entire medical market. Not sure what happened with that

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Sounds about right. MA legalized medical in 2012 and it took 3 years to get dispensaries open. Theres only 5 or 6 open today. IIRC NY gave out monopoly licenses to four corporations to handle their entire medical market. Not sure what happened with that
For now. The dispensing organization and physicians are updated every Friday on the Florida Health's Office of Compassionate Use website.

They even have upcoming classes to teach residents how to work in a dispensary.

Brehs should look into that: Florida Medical Marijuana Job Training & Florida Medical Marijuana Laws

sorry i wasn't clear, i was referring to grow ops. i'm not interested in retail like that. i like growing.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Anyone ever work at a weed shop ?
I knew someone who did for a little bit said it was too sketch but wouldn't go further :gucci:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anyone ever work at a weed shop ?
I knew someone who did for a little bit said it was too sketch but wouldn't go further :gucci:

What state were they in?

Oregon/WA shops aren't sketchy. They have such high compliance that you really can't fukk around.

Cali on the other hand has plenty of wiggle room. I'm gonna guess they worked at an unlicensed Cali facility.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
What state were they in?

Oregon/WA shops aren't sketchy. They have such high compliance that you really can't fukk around.

Cali on the other hand has plenty of wiggle room. I'm gonna guess they worked at an unlicensed Cali facility.
Cali

They're use to be a weed shop where the dudes just played Call of Duty all day :ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

They're use to be a weed shop where the dudes just played Call of Duty all day :ohhh:

Yeah lol. Cali has some sketchy shyt going on. Lots of people operating with fake licenses and not being in compliance. Thats gonna change this year though. All the unregulated shops, PRE-ICO, etc are gonna get fukked hard by legitimate, licensed businesses.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
What about investments? Stocks? Any avenues for that?