Now It's Money in the Pocket All Day Like Tom Brady: Patriots vs. Texans 1/14 Playoff Game Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
New%20England%20Patriots%20vs%20Houston%20Texans%20NFL%20Matchup_1448860845459_799999_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

The New England Patriots and Houston Texans meet again.

The last time they faced each other was Week 3 in a Patriots 27-0 shutout victory. Houston couldn't put a Wilfork in Jacoby Brissett who barely threw over 100 yards. :LaughingAtYou:

This time, the 14-2 Pats will host the 10-6 Texans who are fresh off their Wildcard Weekend victory against the Oakland Raiders. :Plotting:

C2JbUDcXgAAzOWt.jpg

The Texans have been hoarding Patriots' rejects for years, most notably Vince Wilfork :flabbynsick: and head coach Bill O'Brien:francis:. Former Patriots' defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel is now the Texans' defensive coordinator.:jbhmm: Former Patriots' player Mike Vrabel is now the Texans' linebacker coach.:patrice:Former offensive assistant/TE coach George Godsey is the Texans' offensive coordinator :PacHahaPats:Just last season, they had both Brad Hoyer and Ryan Mallet as starting QB and backup QB, respectively. :russ:

If the Patriots win, they'll continue as AFC favorites to appear in the Super Bowl and continue enjoying homefield advantage for the remainder of their playoffs ride. If the Brock Osweiler-led Texans win, it would be a SHOCK upset, to say the least.:ObamaHAHA:

bal-tom-brady-and-the-patriots-wont-cheat-for-a-while-20150903

MVP candidate Tom Brady has been historically dominant against the Romeo Crennel-led Texans defense.
In 3 games, he's 59-of-95 for 725 yds, 7 TDs, 0 INTs while being sacked only twice per game. He's 3-0 with a 62% completion percentage. The team scored 34, 34 & 27 points in those games.:UMadPats: And this season, he's been nothing short of godly. He completed 67.4% of his passes for 3,554 yards, 28 TDs and only 2 INTs.:LaughingAtYou:

And he now has a plethora of receiving options despite Rob Gronkowski being out for the rest of the season. He now has weapons in Martellus Bennett, Julian Edelman, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan and newly-acquired Michael Floyd. :NasWinsAgain: And the Pats run game is as solid as ever with LeGarrette Blount, Dion Lewis, and James White forming the RB committee. :GladBrad:

Houston can hope to rely on the belief that Osweiler can't play any worse than he's been.

:mjlol:

YET, their defense is SAVAGE. Even without JJ Watt, the Houston defense (led by Jadaveon Clowney, AJ Bouye, and Whitney Mercilus) is a scary sight.:lupe: And Brian Cushing is playing against the Pats this time around. :merchant:This game be a real slugfest if the Texans D is up for it. Otherwise, they won't win unless Lamar Miller rushes for 300-something yards and 3 TDs or DeAndre Hopkins turns checkdowns into TDs.:hhh:

s3.jpg

8:15pm TONIGHT on CBS.

My #Brehtriots:salute:
@Ill @Abogado @cook @SchoolboyC @R.E.N. Spells Ren @Raquinotj @PremierDaTruth @JLR Steez @Warren @KevJ @TheKang @Listen @Stress Welker @brunbear @jdubnyce @Wachaveli @BucciMane @naijaboi @Roid Jones @Brady-Carter @Broke Wave @The Entity @MJX @I AM WARHOL @KevCo @Card Holder @Air Game Rule @AlldayNE @-DMP- @chief_keef_stan @Monoblock @YoungMonkeyCashMonkeyBoy @Bernie Madoff @ANNE FRANK @Listen @KOOL-AID @aceboon @JBone4eva @KushSkywalker @TheKang @Turk @YEAHitsHER @GrindtooFilthy @jimihendrixheadband @34TheTruth @JJ_ALL_DAY @Grano-Grano @patscorpio @livindajetlife @JarrodG

Houston brehs :mjgrin:
@Spence @Hiphoplives4eva @MilesTailsPrower @skb1065 @AVXL @ezrathegreat @smitty22 @King Jove @Floyd Pinkerton @TXSuperman713

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fear it'll be closer than I'd like it to be. You can only beat a team so many times until they finally get one. I hope thats not the case Saturday...