Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
...is officially trans and goes by "she" is it time to move "her" to the women's division?

Personally, I prefer only strong, masculine, heterosexual images of Black men on tv, but that ship has sailed. That being the case, I think there could be a lot of mileage and controversy generated by having a biological male (preferably heel) challenging for the women's championship; and could probably get AEW some much-needed mainstream press. TMZ sports would definitely pick up the story, and SAS might even discuss the move.
What do you guys think?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
...is officially trans and goes by "she" is it time to move "her" to the women's division?

Personally, I prefer only strong, masculine, heterosexual images of Black men on tv, but that ship has sailed. That being the case, I think there could be a lot of mileage and controversy generated by having a biological male (preferably heel) challenging for the women's championship; and could probably get AEW some much-needed mainstream press. TMZ sports would definitely pick up the story, and SAS might even discuss the move.
What do you guys think?

Nyla Rose is trans and already won the women's championship.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
So why would it be controversial for Sonny Kiss to win or compete for it when it largely wasn't when Nyla Rose did? Just seems like a double standard to me.
For a few reasons:
1. AEW has a larger media presence now than it did when Nyla won. AEW fans remember Nyla's reign, but it went largely under the radar in the grand scheme of things.

2. Sonny looks like a man in makeup. Nyla presents (I think that's the right term) as a woman. Seeing a male in the women's division would be controversial to some fans.

3. When Andy Kaufmann wrestled, he was hugely controversial because he solely wrestled in the women's division until he feuded with Jerry Lawlor. Having Sonny follow that template could garner the same heat. Even though we're almost 40 years past Andy Kaufmann's wrestling days, most people are still as socially conservative as they were in the early 80's.

There's three quick reasons off the top of my head, you can probably think of more.

I think Sonny could be great in the women's division, especially if "she" turns heel.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
For a few reasons:
1. AEW has a larger media presence now than it did when Nyla won. AEW fans remember Nyla's reign, but it went largely under the radar in the grand scheme of things.

2. Sonny looks like a man in makeup. Nyla presents (I think that's the right term) as a woman. Seeing a male in the women's division would be controversial to some fans.

3. When Andy Kaufmann wrestled, he was hugely controversial because he solely wrestled in the women's division until he feuded with Jerry Lawlor. Having Sonny follow that template could garner the same heat. Even though we're almost 40 years past Andy Kaufmann's wrestling days, most people are still as socially conservative as they were in the early 80's.

There's three quick reasons off the top of my head, you can probably think of more.

I think Sonny could be great in the women's division, especially if "she" turns heel.
Fair enough. Doesn't seem like it would be much of a controversy to me in the AEW fanbase though. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time lol.