Now the Prison Reform issue is being framed as a Black women's issue

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
:snoop: And I like The Real News (they just dropped a fire video Bush Sr.)

Fam, you would think black men are doing as good as white men if you watched this.

They legit said; black women are looked at as more aggressive than even black men.

My comment;

Just what are you all doing here? "The number of incarcerated U.S. women overall has increased dramatically in recent decades – from just 26,000 in 1980 to 219,000 in 2017." Lousiana Weekly, 12/10/18, Black women this, Black women that. This is a issue with BLACK PEOPLE. And it's four times as worst for black men. And also this "People of Color" stuff, c'mon! Black men make up 60% of the prison population. The American Council on Education stats there are 844,600 black men in prisons. Federal Bureau of Prisons shows that only 7% of ppl in prison are women. I tried to give this video a chance. But, it's more propaganda to turn racism into gender issues. Why is this expressed as a women's issue?

Are we done as a people?

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
talk about why black girls are punished more harshly than any other demographic

gao_school_discipline_by_race_1.png

Girls are 18% underrepresented.

gao_school_discipline_by_race_4.png

These muhfukkas just made shyt up and didn't mention brothers, at all.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fam, what thee fukk?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...school-more-than-whites-federal-report-finds/

The analysis, issued Wednesday by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, said students with disabilities and all boys also experienced disproportionate levels of discipline. But black students were particularly overrepresented: While they constituted 15.5 percent of public school students, they accounted for 39 percent of students suspended from school.

The disparity was worse for children of color in prekindergarten: Black students accounted for 19 percent of preschool students in public schools, but represented 47 percent of students suspended from preschool. Boys of all groups accounted for 54 percent of the public school pre-K population, but 78 percent of those suspended.

I'm sick of this shyt.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I dont think they are.

They are just bringing attention to black teens and women who are also in the system.

I think both - BM and BW should have a voice and attention - as its someone's father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter.

Black men and boys/teens have been targeted and harmed most from the prison system - but we need to be mindful and supportive of the girls and women getting caught up as well.

Both BM and BW are loved and -- both can benefit from prison reform -- and injustice awareness.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they've been ego stroking black women along the lines of that biblical passage of "pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall"

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
thread.

I dont think they are.

They are just bringing attention to black teens and women who are also in the system.

I think both - BM and BW should have a voice and attention - as its someone's father, mother, brother, sister, son or daughter.

Black men and boys/teens have been targeted and harmed most from the prison system - but we need to be mindful and supportive of the girls and women getting caught up as well.

Both BM and BW are loved and -- both can benefit from prison reform -- and injustice awareness.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
black women see themselves as above black men... they think they're more important

Who says that? I don't think so -- and I have never heard a Black woman say this -- nor know any (including myself) who thinks this.

Let's not use this topic to have gender wars.

It's not needed -- and we are all victims of White Supremacy.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
black women see themselves as above black men... they think they're more important
This isn't the thread topic.
The thread is about Black women and the prison-industrial-complex reform discussion that has broken into mainstream political discourse again after falling behind in Clinton's administration.
Take that crybaby incel bullshyt to TLR.

As for it being framed as a Black woman's issue, I think it is, and that is out of necessity. Just as with police killings, there was a notable lack of awareness of the affect it had on Black women, it focused heavily on Black men; both of the discussions need to be front-and-center. I had just as many Black female students last year that had been in touch with the school-to-prison pipeline as I had Black male students.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Its
But it always was, doe.

The only reason anybody ever gave a damn about brothas being locked up is what?

"They're not there to provide for us/help us raise our children."
Yeah I was about to say it's been framed like this for a while.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
thats 2010.... its almost 2019, almost a decade since your cited study.... the prison rates are dropping

You think you want to re-read what ever told you that?

Dropping to what? There's more black men in America imprisoned that all women throughout the globe.

A staggering 2.3 million people are incarcerated in the US – a 500% increase over the last 40 years.1The boom doesn’t come from rising crime but rather changes in law and policy, initiated by President Nixon, which led to a dramatic increase in the number of people punished with prison time.

pie2017.png

It's pretty easy to check on this.

Ya'll kill me with that.

Another one.

5 facts behind America's high incarceration rate

(CNN)Year after year, the United States beats out much larger countries -- India, China -- and more totalitarian ones --Russia and the Philippines -- for the distinction of having the highest incarceration rate in the world.

According to a 2018 report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), nearly 2.2 million adults were held in America's prisons and jails at the end of 2016. That means for every 100,000 people residing in the United States, approximately 655 of them were behind bars.