NPD Sales Results for April 2016 (Praise the sun & Clank)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Wow congrats to ratchet and clank.

I did NOT expect it to sell that well even as a die hard fan.

Bet that price point was a major reason for it

Now we need sly cooper and jak and daxter.

It's a shame the movie was a huge flop that got ripped apart by critics

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm not sure if you are trolling but (a) MKX dropped last year in April and (b) you ignored this part "Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still trending 40 percent higher than the cumulative sales after the same 30-month period compared to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

And dark souls 3,ratchet and clank,quantum break,star fox and division only in month 2 are out. That's no excuse because 1 fighting game came out.

That 40 percent is still due to how front loaded this Gen was.

The buying habits of the public are completely different now.

Products across everything are front loaded as hell.

Just watch. This Gen will not have the legs of the last 3 gets. Numbers are going to continue to fall as previous gens they went UP.

Just watch. This Gen will fall well short of the last 2 gens in sales.

Console gaming sales have peaked.

Notice how all 3 companies are quiet as a church mouse right now when they always beat their chest every month. Why is that?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mortal Kombat X was an absolute monster sales wise, was released at the beginning of April, and I don't remember what else came out in April 2015.. None of the games you listed are comparable in anyway to MKX. Dark Souls was the highest seller, do you think that brand is on the same level as Mortal Kombat, or that it will sell anywhere near as much?

I'm confused as to how this gen was front loaded when people have done nothing but complain about how few games they've had to play over the past few years.

This gen will sell less console wise because it will be a shorter generation, not because consoles are dying.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Mortal Kombat X was an absolute monster sales wise, was released at the beginning of April, and I don't remember what else came out in April 2015.. None of the games you listed are comparable in anyway to MKX. Dark Souls was the highest seller, do you think that brand is on the same level as Mortal Kombat, or that it will sell anywhere near as much?

I'm confused as to how this gen was front loaded when people have done nothing but complain about how few games they've had to play over the past few years.

This gen will sell less console wise because it will be a shorter generation, not because consoles are dying.
The generation is front loaded because it sold tremendously when it first came out and the sales will trend downwards as previous gens trended up. Notice how nobody talks about fastest selling anymore? Because at this time is when previous consoles sales kept going up and up.

People have no patience anymore and want it now. This buying habit can be looked at in everything from music to film to consoles.

The fact it's had less games (which is a fact) is a separate subject.

The console market is absolutely shrinking and it has nothing to do with your conjecture of how long the Gen will last.

Oh and last month hardware was down 19%.

If next month and the month after are down as well will I still be trolling? Or will you concede the pattern?

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I don't understand how it's still selling so much :mindblown:

I take it those sales factor in the game as a whole as opposed to which generation GTA is on. I know a few dudes who copped it for the 360 along with me, played and beat and then bought it again for the X1 on those weakly sales deals bundled with the card package that gives you money for the Online part dependent on which one you bought.

That and alot of dudes who upgraded from last gen to this gen wanted to keep running the multiplayer and just made the plunge. It also helps that GTA goes on sale with those cards attached like every 3-4 months too.