NWA Crockett Cup 2019 (April 27, 2019) NJPW/ROH/CMLL talent to be featured

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Off topic, but how come WWE has not shown interest in Aldis? Has the build and is married to Mickie James and he's only 32. Surprising they haven't made a run for him.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Off topic, but how come WWE has not shown interest in Aldis? Has the build and is married to Mickie James and he's only 32. Surprising they haven't made a run for him.
No clue. He mentioned on Busted Open radio recently that he assumed he was a lock for WWE when he left TNA, but they weren't interested in him.

He wouldn't have made a dent there due to typical WWE idiocy, but he has proven himself as someone that can be booked for main events, IMO. His promos are outstanding and he looks and carries himself like a champion.

He's still very young, so maybe he'll go there eventually, but I hope he doesn't. Would rather see him stick it out with NWA, work in New Japan or AEW eventually.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Show sounds like it was good, but why was Jazz stripped of the belt? :dwillhuh:

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had too much New Japan to watch last week. Finally catching up on this show today, which was solid and an overall better event than the 70th Anniversary show, I think. Production was a lot better, too.

That old school NWA ring. :mjcry: Those ugly ass old school tag belts. :francis:

- Flip & Bandido vs. Stuka & Maya was good.

- Surprised War Kings didn't go all in the way in the tournament since they've been "NWA guys" for awhile now, but it was a welcome surprise.

- Briscoes vs. RnR Express sounds god awful and pathetic on paper, but it was actually decent little old school match that let a 62-year-old Ricky do a Frankensteiner, a suicide dive, a blade job and and play his usual babyface-in-peril role.

- Was Madusa drunk or just confused in her comments before the match? I would've put the women's title on Santana Garrett :noah: but I'm not mad that we'll get to see more of Allison Kay's (Sienna from TNA) jiggly ass. :ehh: I can't believe Garrett isn't an exclusive to any company, but I think she's a fitness trainer or something and wrestling is just a part-time gig for her. ROH and AEW could benefit a lot by having her.

- Stan Lane at 65 looks to be in better shape than most people at 30 :ehh::dame:

- NWA seemed to have good intentions with Mack as National champ but then seemed like they kinda forgot about him. I guess Mack has gone off to Impact Wrestling full-time now. I'm indifferent to Cabana.

- Hopefully PCO & King make their way to NJPW at some point. I know that's one of the reasons Brody King signed with ROH over MLW; he wants to wrestle in New Japan. Brody & King winning the NWA tag belts is decent, I guess. NWA and ROH looking real cozy together these days. Book a winners-take-all match for the NWA, ROH and NJPW titles now. :blessed:

- Why randomly put Madusa with Royce & Latimer for the finals only to have them lose anyway? Royce Isaacs & Thomas Latimer (Bram from TNA) was an odd team, but I like Latimer, and Isaacs carries himself well (I was impressed with his Championship Wrestling from Hollywood work that has aired on Ten Pounds of Gold). Hopefully they'll continue to work with NWA, either as a team or singles.

- Aldis/Scurl was very good and had a great old school feel like the Aldis/Cody matches had. That blade job from Aldis. :damn:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I don't know about PCO, but Brody King was announced as being on the BOTSJ tour

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
NWA seemed to have good intentions with Mack as National champ but then seemed like they kinda forgot about him. I guess Mack has gone off to Impact Wrestling full-time now.

Willie lost the belt & isn't working with the NWA anymore because of his Lucha Underground contract. They tried to get him pulled from ROH shows he was on through the NWA because it's really AAA's main guy that set up all the LU deals & the whole AAA/CMLL thing & ROH working with CMLL.

To sum it up easier, Willie got hit by politics because of a contract with a TV show that 99% doesn't exsist anymore :francis: