NWA - Real nikkaz (Ice Cube Diss) Appreciation Thread

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Now, I know we usually talk about Ice Cube's No Vaseline, and we generally agree that Cube won the battle between he and NWA.

But yo, this shyt right here:whew:

-Top notch production by Dre and Yella

-Ren went the fukk in on this track. Anyone saying he was some random dude in the group after hearing this is nuts. Honestly, you could argue that on the lyrical tip, he might be better than Cube.

-Dre and Eazy's verses (probably written by Ren, can someone confirm?) were tough.

-Yella speaking in the track.

-This track has mad replay value. As a song, its dope as fukk.

-Track was so dope, its no wonder Cube responded by going for the kill with No Vaseline.

-Concerning that Ren penned most of post-Cube NWA material, this lowkey felt like a Ren Vs. Cube situation, on the bars tip. Probably why Cube went in on Ren on No Vasoline.

And despite everything, they all cool with each other today, go figure:manny:

Last edited:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was playing this today..Ren was too underrated...I remember reading that Ja Rule's album beat this for most times 'n!gga' said on record...smh

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Was just bumping this 2 days ago and thought the same exact thing. This was probably Dre's best performance on a track to me too, song was just perfect :wow:

"We started out with too much cargo, so I'm glad we got rid of Benedict Arnold" :ohlawd:

Breh, I was like :ooh: after that Arnold line.

The whole track though:whoo:

EDIT: and hell yea, this is def Dre's best performance to me as well, he sounded legit on this one.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Amazing song, great diss record, no Vaseline was just more direct, they didn't say cubes name at all. The NWA tree was supposed to be the most unfukkwitable tree ever, just Imagine DOC, DRE, CUBE, REN, ABOVE THE LAW, DOGG POUND, SNOOP, NATE, WARREN G, BONE, KNOCC AND DRESTA and MAYBE PAC :blessed:.
All with there own distribution, fully independent record label ruthless. So much power and so much money EAZY would of ran this shyt till now. Them crackers was very afraid.

Back to the diss, the energy for that song was intense. I would of loved to hear a comeback though.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
I wonder if a Real nikkaz beat / No Vaseline lyrics mashup would work :jbhmm:

Always thought the No Vaseline beat was rather meh and should have been more dark, that's why I prefer other diss tracks...

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I wonder if a Real nikkaz beat / No Vaseline lyrics mashup would work :jbhmm:

Always thought the No Vaseline beat was rather meh and should have been more dark, that's why I prefer other diss tracks...

Sometimes having simple beats can be a blessing in disguise. Allows the listener to focus almost entirely on the lyrics. And in the case of No Vaseline, Cube had a lot of direct, hard hitting shots at NWA.

Similar to Nas and ether. Not the greatest beat but the lyrics had a life of their own.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'm just now learning part of Eazy's verse wasn't dissing Cube.

He was dissing a group called Mob Style. They had a song called Untouchable where they dissed Compton. According genius:
----------------
"Black, the good, the bad, the ugly, you see
A little streetwise nikka, you know me" - Eazy-E

A diss towards NY rap group Mob Style, referencing their album “The Good, the Bad, the Ugly”.

“Streetwise” is also a title of one of their songs.

This was a response to the song “Untouchable” in which they dissed Compton.
----------------

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I'm just now learning part of Eazy's verse wasn't dissing Cube.

He was dissing a group called Mob Style. They had a song called Untouchable where they dissed Compton. According genius:
----------------
"Black, the good, the bad, the ugly, you see
A little streetwise nikka, you know me" - Eazy-E

A diss towards NY rap group Mob Style, referencing their album “The Good, the Bad, the Ugly”.

“Streetwise” is also a title of one of their songs.

This was a response to the song “Untouchable” in which they dissed Compton.
----------------

i really wish doc still had his voice...him as a cube replacement...would have been like big mike...replacing willie d...gaining lyricism

doc vs ice cube..would have been :ohhh::russ:

it was bound to happen too