NXT Live on USA 1/8/20: In honor of Dusty Rhodes

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I need that hoss division, yo.
Lee, Dijak, Priest, Reed, Dain... fukk it, Grimes, Dunne, Thorne. Occasional, but recurring roles for all of Imperium, bring Lorcan and Burch in, and hell, throw Ryker in there with some other big dudes and see if he can look impressive against people he doesn't violently outweigh. Bring Ohno in to be the division's designated jobber/gatekeeper anytime someone new is stepping up or comes in the division.

Give Lee the NA belt, WALTER runs up wanting to be some unified UK/NA 'Commonwealth Champion' shyt, gets done up with a spirit bomb, then don't-stop-keep-it-going with the whole division turning into the hoss/strong-style/fukk-a-nikka-up division.

What I'm saying is: seems like a waste to make the NA belt a US/IC-style thing. Make it a NEVER Openweight/neo-X-division thing.

Where it's more about a style of match you can expect when that division rolls into town. Let Finn and them cook with all that finesse shyt; but also train up your people that aren't tryna hit pretty swan-dive somersault topes every match. Let the NXT audience get to see something different - there's barely any stylistic difference between Garza/Rush and Cole/Balor, if we keeping it a buck. Plus, doing that allows the continued suspension of disbelief, since it keeps those guys away from 5'7/175lbs. Adam Cole for a logical reason, and keeps any of them from needing to fukk around and take a pinfall loss to him because there was no way to avoid the match; while making sure UE distraction finishes don't become stale. Let Finn, Cole, Tommaso, Swerve and them cook in that NXT title scene while they build Riddle up to take the title, meanwhile the others can do their thing.

I'd love this shyt, honestly. It'd end up with TakeOver being CW title match with the small crazy shyt, tag title match with hopefully a reinvigoration post-Dusty TTC, the Women's title with the division under Rhea so all the heels are chasing, NA title match with all the aforementioned big dudes and smaller guys who can work a 'I'mma kick you like for real, tho' style, and then the prestige NXT title match that'll go 12 minutes longer than it needs to because that's the division we cordon Gargano into so we can avoid that problem elsewhere.

Like, I said it as a joke the other day, but the more I think about it, the sadder I am this probably isn't what's gonna happen, because I think the matches that would come from the setup I listed would be flames. And it would also mean some indy guys who aren't the usual WWE fair could fukk around and get a look from the E off the strength of them having somewhere to put them. If they have this kind of thing set up, they don't end up missing out on someone on the come-up who is more in the Moxley vein than the Rollins one.

Would also be awesome to get that 'main roster' Finn storyline thing, but where like... Shinsuke comes back on some 'I'm tryna Kinshasa some of these new dudes to death, since people want to play at strong style' steez. Let Shin go out of the E wrestling good matches and likely putting someone over on his way out. A Shinsuke/Pete Dunne match on a TakeOver leading to Dunne popping off about British Strong Style after he secures the win :lawd:

Damn. This strain got a nikka wanting to make a fantasy booking thread and shyt. I be sat here just having ideas for no reason.

Side Note: I know he got hurt at some point, but like... where my nikka Dream at? They couldn't have him dropping vignettes, even if he hurt? Cuh can't send in a video package acting like he went on vacation because NXT got that USA money now so he booked him a cabana somewhere and hooked up purple lighting? We can't get Dream dragging Cathy and a camera crew with him to go couch shopping?! Nothing? If they wait too long post-TV, I feel like it'll be hard to get people to understand him; doubly so if Full Sail cools on him in his time out.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Keith Lee is a superstar :wow:

that spirit bomb :damn:

He better beat Roddy :unimpressed:

I can see him being WWE champion too if they don’t ruin him :hubie:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Bianca’s, “you don’t even go here” :mjlol:

had me weak as fukk

Man Candace gotta get out of there, she’s always just gonna be Gargano’s wife:yeshrug:

Candace is basically Alexa with actual wrestling skill. She’s very good in the ring but I just don’t find her all that appealing compared to so many of the other women

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Candace is basically Alexa with actual wrestling skill. She’s very good in the ring but I just don’t find her all that appealing compared to so many of the other women
She is very, very generic. The definition of a white meat babyface.