CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
NXT_NewLogo--61a7c04575fabf96fb577dcdfc0bde63.png

NXT Tag Team Championship
Wolf Dogs vs Axiom & Nathan Frazer

20240409_NXT_BaronCorbinNathanAxiom_FC_Tonight--cad91289f57ae9b18adcc42aa4b46a2a.jpg

Scrypts vs Je'Von Evans
20240409_NXT_EvansScrypts_FC_Ton--6c4660f03bd73e2bd2d460f21155fd0e.jpg

Kelani Jordan & Fallon Henley vs Kiana James & Izzi Dame
20240409_NXT_JordanHenleyJamesIzzi_FC_Tonight--a0135b974601ec861572ae41a471dd2e.jpg

Jaida Parker vs Brinley Reece
20240409_NXT_ReeceParker_FC_Ton--61edef8cf11ab15833dcaf884a80eed8.jpg

Stand & Deliver Fallout
GKghCdzWoAA9w4_
GKgN6blXMAIN1ha
GKgEOsXW0AAdN7y
GKf9AmjWAAA8TXi
GKf12GKW0AECt7q
GKfwcUYWEAA22Ji
GKfqR4oWoAAaTqs
GKfkxLlWMAApUE8

Japanese Superstar Giulia was at ringside

Ava announces the NXT Women's North American Championship

Last edited:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Yeah but by whom? Oba Femi or Trick Williams? :jbhmm:
Trick lol
There was no reason to keep the title on Dragunov if not for Trick to finally get that rematch and prove he could win with Melo up out the paint. It's the only way to pay that story off.
They'll give him a reign long enough to let Melo establish himself on the main then pull him up when they finally make a heel threatening enough to beat him... or they have D'Angelo bush the gentlemanly approach and go grimy and the Family beats him down and takes the title, at which point you bring Oba in to deal with that monster.

If nothing else, the Bloodline thing has given the company a clear understanding of how a faction has to be dismantled before it can be beaten if you want to make them appear dominant. Cody never wins the title if the Bloodline doesn't implode and they don't make a bunch of enemies with bones to pick along the way. So I think from here out, especially with so many 3-man-1-woman factions starting to develop in NXT and in WWE Main... I think we'll be seeing a lot more of that kind of storytelling.

Either nikkas gotta clique up, or they got to be prepared to work their way through the whole squad and neutralize them step by step. Otherwise the Damned Numbers Game(tm) probably going to be the new 'surprise rollup' in this era, in terms of giving Ls to people about to catch Ws.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Well they kind of teased Dragunov vs Femi when they stared at each other in Ava's office, that's why I brought him up. You never know what is next.
probably to see what the crowd would react like. Or to give Ilja a program to aim for after he drops the title.
They've already said they aren't going to speedrun Oba's development, and that'd definitely be what they were doing if they hotshotted him into the NXT title picture while still holding the NA. Oba could take a good pace and still be in NXT next year with no problems at all. Him main eventing S&D in 2025 sounds like a great trajectory.
Conversely, if Trick is still on NXT by mania weekend next year without it being a send-off match, I think that's a really negative indictment on him. Mans was getting chants and shoutouts on the main the last few weeks. He needs more in-ring work, but he's 1 title win away from doing all he needs to do in NXT.

Bron and Melo gon be gone soon, it's gonna be Trick's division. They can't keep him this hot with no payoff without more effort than it'd take to just have him win

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
probably to see what the crowd would react like. Or to give Ilja a program to aim for after he drops the title.
They've already said they aren't going to speedrun Oba's development, and that'd definitely be what they were doing if they hotshotted him into the NXT title picture while still holding the NA. Oba could take a good pace and still be in NXT next year with no problems at all. Him main eventing S&D in 2025 sounds like a great trajectory.
Conversely, if Trick is still on NXT by mania weekend next year without it being a send-off match, I think that's a really negative indictment on him. Mans was getting chants and shoutouts on the main the last few weeks. He needs more in-ring work, but he's 1 title win away from doing all he needs to do in NXT.

Bron and Melo gon be gone soon, it's gonna be Trick's division. They can't keep him this hot with no payoff without more effort than it'd take to just have him win
Well Battleground is still a what if scenario. Some "news" outlets are saying it got moved from May to June. WWE still has May 26.

Heatwave is supposed to be in July, night after MITB in Toronto. Same arena and everything. If you want a big stage to crown Trick I say they do it at Heatwave.

Also that event is full circle. It was at Heatwave 2023 where Trick faced Dragunov for the first time. That was Trick's breakout match.

That would be a perfect scenario for when he should win the title in my eyes.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
From an objective point of view. Makes no sense for axiom and Frazier to get another shot

But the match was great, and I’m sure Bron is gonna be full time main roster starting with the draft so they probably dropping the belts

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
From an objective point of view. Makes no sense for axiom and Frazier to get another shot

But the match was great, and I’m sure Bron is gonna be full time main roster starting with the draft so they probably dropping the belts
Could be more to it. He said all or nothing. Maybe Ava says this is their last shot. As always let it play out.