NYC Freezing Rent For 1 Year For Over 2 Million Tenants

morris

Superstar
Daps
How can we know if we benefit from This?

Is there a site to check this?

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Would this affect CO-OP City?

Do you sign a lease? I thought you outright own the apartment and just pay monthly maintence fees?

How can we know if we benefit from This?

Is there a site to check this?

This applies to people on 1 and 2 year leases. How long is your lease? I have to get recertified once a year.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
empty gesture because rent prices been dropping amidst the pandemic

rental increase rates are supposed to be better controlled by the cities in the first place and capped at a certain level.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Do you sign a lease? I thought you outright own the apartment and just pay monthly maintence fees?

This applies to people on 1 and 2 year leases. How long is your lease? I have to get recertified once a year.

I signed a 2-year lease. No notice on any rent relief from the property management. I live in a mixed section-8/non section-8 building

A dot com? Thought it'd be a .gov or .ort site...will check

morris

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it's just a starting point. It will tell you if you're likely to be in a rent regulated building, but you'd have to then follow up and confirm with DHCR Homes and Community Renewal Home Page
That involves some time and paperwork though, so it's good to have an idea first.
I believe mine is by the wording in the lease forms. Whether it applies to me and other renters is another thing altogether

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats dope but if they doing that it must be another wave coming.
Don’t need another wave for this to be necessary. It’s jobs that ain’t coming back for the next year or ever.

the whole mass of midtown Manhattan with hundreds of thousands of working class jobs is FINISHED. shyt bout to be ugly when unemployment is done

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t need another wave for this to be necessary. It’s jobs that ain’t coming back for the next year or ever.

the whole mass of midtown Manhattan with hundreds of thousands of working class jobs is FINISHED. shyt bout to be ugly when unemployment is done

Yeah I agree with the bolded I was more so thinking of Covid because I believe another wave is coming so on top of that and the mounting pressure from mass unemployment its pretty cool they easing people tensions now and not straddling the fence.

We got enough to deal with.