NYC Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care for All

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
this is basically a $100m cash infusion to the MetroPlus program which is the worst insurance ive ever had. looking back, i should have just applied for medicare. MetroPlus is horrible and they caused me a lot of problems.

DeBlasio is doing all of these progressive things that ideally sound great and make good headlines, but look under the surface and nothings there. just like the reduced rate metrocard. just like Cuomos "free college" - these are basically transfers of tax money to hand chosen institutions (like MetroPlus, who is the real beneficiary here) , while the end user deals with so much red tape and bad service that its not even worth it

the city is literally crumbling, infrastructure is maxed out and bursting at the seams. all of the leaders of NY state and NY City have failed us. if DeBlasio really wanted to help he would impose a vacancy tax on commercial landlords wearhousing space for higher rents, and russian/chinese billionares buying up million dollar apartments to park their money in (while driving up the housing market). there are entire brand new towers with all the units bought up that are sitting vacant and empty, while there is a housing crisis and homelessness crisis

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
and who decides who can afford to pay for it :dead:

you know what, this bullshyt isn't my problem :jayhub: i wish them the best

we already had something like this via MetroPlus well before Obama's nationwide marketplace. they'd look at your income and basically tier down your service depending on what your income was. i had this in 2011-2013 and was paying $65 a month. this is nothing new for NYC...the option has been around for a while. DeBlasio is basically just diverting cash to the already existing program / provider...

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More health care =/= More healthy

That’s not what the data shows at all.

Countries with universal healthcare beat the us as far as outcomes and overall health.

It makes sense. Access to preventative healthcare keeps people healthier in the long run. Mind blowing isn’t it?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
That’s not what the data shows at all.

Countries with universal healthcare beat the us as far as outcomes and overall health.

It makes sense. Access to preventative healthcare keeps people healthier in the long run. Mind blowing isn’t it?

List the countries with Universal health care

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It would be easier to name the countries without it.

List of countries with universal health care - Wikipedia

Picking from the link you provided...

"South Africa Edit
Main article: Healthcare in South Africa
South Africa has a public healthcare system that provides services to the vast majority of the population, though it is chronically underfunded and understaffed, and a private system that is far better equipped, which covers the wealthier sectors of society.[11]"

"India Edit
Main article: Healthcare in India
India's healthcare system is dominated by the private sector, although there are various public healthcare systems like Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana in Maharashtra that provides free healthcare to those below the poverty line.[35][36] Currently, the majority of Indian citizens do not have health insurance, and must pay out of pocket for treatment."

Romania Edit
Main article: Healthcare in Romania
According to Article 34 of the Constitution of Romania, the state is obliged "to guarantee the protection of healthcare". Romania has a fully universal health care system, which covers up medical check-ups, any surgical interventions, and any post-operator medical care, as well as free or subsidized medicine for a range of diseases. The state is also obliged to fund public hospitals and clinics. Dental care is not funded by the state, although there are public dental clinics in some hospitals, which treat patients free of charge. However, due to inadequate funding and corruption, it is estimated that a third of medical expenses are, in some cases, supported by the patient.[90][clarification needed] Furthermore, Romania spends, per capita, less than any other EU state on medical care.

United Kingdom Edit
Main article: Healthcare in the United Kingdom
Each of the Countries of the United Kingdom has a National Health Service that provides public healthcare to all UK permanent residents that was originally designed to be free at the point of need and paid for from general taxation; but changes included introducing charging for prescription medicines and dentistry (those below 16 and those on certain benefits may still get free treatment). However, since Health is now a devolved matter, considerable differences are developing between the systems in each of the countries as for example Scotland and Wales abolished prescription charges.[101] Private healthcare companies are free to operate alongside the public one.

Cuba Edit
Main article: Healthcare in Cuba
The Cuban government operates a national health system and assumes fiscal and administrative responsibility for the health care of all its citizens. There are no private hospitals or clinics as all health services are government-run. The present Minister for Public Health is Roberto Morales Ojeda. However, although the coverage is wide, the system is underfunded and recently also understaffed. The government organized medical missions in other countries have taken a significant number of doctors and other personnel. In 2005 there were 25,000 Cuban doctors in Venezuela.

Just because Health care is provided, doesn't mean every country would all be the same level of competency, while citizens still having to pay out of pocket for health care. Like I said, simply saying "We provide healthcare" doesn't mean better health for the people. And at the same time, the citizens are still paying high taxes on this. Just like they are doing in the US

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Real universal healthcare call the New York Health Act is being proposed for the entire State of New York.
I’m cool with paying more taxes as long as I don’t have to pay premiums, or copays. My old job had expensive ass Heath insurance. I was paying over $5,400 a year for me and my wife:scust:. Thankfully my current job has a better insurance plan.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
New York Won:win:

But, they moving all the black people out :mjlol:

And I'm never gonna be okay with "regardless of immigration status," like, we have so many issues inside this country and people needing help and these politicians are helping people in other countries is huge ways (college and healthcare)