NYC Rent Stabilized Apts Price Hike, Effective October 1st

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Renters in New York City will be paying more after the Rent Guidelines Board approved a hike for rent-stabilized apartments.
Renters in New York City will be paying more after the Rent Guidelines Board approved a hike for rent-stabilized apartments.
The Rent Guidelines Board voted to increase rent by the highest increase in rent stabilized housing in 10 years. The board had a split 5-4 vote and considered many factors, including operating costs, inflation and small businesses struggling to maintain their properties.
The proposed hike is a 2% - 4% increase on one-year leases and a 4% - 6% increase on two-year leases. The board settled on a 3.25% increase on one-year leases and a 5% increase on two-year leases.
The rent increases are set to begin as early as Oct. 1 for rent-controlled housing.

This is wack. A LOT of folks going to be affected by this.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
duck-tales-capitalism.gif

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's phuk slumlords ALL DAY! But how are honest landlords supposed to get by without being able to increase rent? Their bills go up too....

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s a modest increase, I see market rents being hiked 30-40% in some places.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Speak on it brother.

Capitalism is a product of Free Markets, this isn't a Free Market problem

The Government and the Federal Reserve have been Central Planning heavy since the 1960s, by manipulating the supply chain and pricing of assets. Doing that messes up production of commodities, which raises prices of everything in the supply chain

When it comes to rents that has alot to do with construction maintenance of cities. Asphalt, Brick, Stone, Gasoline, Wood, Copper, etc are all commodities that have been jacked up in pricing because of the supply chain being manipulated. That price volatility trickles down to Utility costs and Repair costs for Landlords. And the Landlords pass that increased price down to the Residents

Asante

All Star
Daps
There is clearly an agenda to depopulate the cores of American cities. Even many whites are struggling with that shyt. I think these areas (NYC, Cali. Etc) are being panned out for an international global “elite”. Notice that Chinese and Indians are first in line for these gentrified spots.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Lol when Americans gonna rise up? Oh I forgot Americans are p*ssy.. we only got heat for school kids, black elderly and the innocent. The french would have thrown a bath tub through Oval Office. Crazy nobody has ran up
on a politician in like 50+ years.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lol when Americans gonna rise up? Oh I forgot Americans are p*ssy.. we only got heat for school kids, black elderly and the innocent. The french would have thrown a bath tub through Oval Office. Crazy nobody has ran up

Start the revolution my brother

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy

Edit: I stand corrected 😂 a mayor just got punched by a brother the other day. I’m here for it.