Essential Official Android Thread (GOOG SET DROID GANG)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't pick up the 24 ultra yet because I was busy traveling but now my 23 ultra got the Galaxy ai update so I'm not in a rush yet. Probably this summer

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So on paper, the OP12 and the S24 ultra should be very similar. What I couldn't account for was the user experience. I will be moving back to Samsung at the next opportunity. I prefer how Samsung does the little daily things over oneplus.

Plus this phone has software bugs that it really shouldn't have at this point in the game. They're not a new company.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i actually ordered the s24 ultra recently. it was unclear if had call screening in all that AI

turns out it doesnt so when it got here, i returned that shyt without even opening it. i would have been miserable

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Galaxy AI Now Supports More Languages with Latest Update​

Samsung continues to break down language barriers and innovate communication for more users through Galaxy AI

4/10/2024

[Correction][Image] Galaxy AI language expansion

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced three new languages coming to Galaxy AI 1: Arabic, Indonesian and Russian, as well as three new dialects over this Spring 2024: Australian English, Cantonese and Canadian French. In addition to the 13 languages 2 already available, Samsung empowers even more Galaxy users around the world to harness the power of mobile AI. In addition to these new languages and dialects, Samsung plans to add four more languages later this year, including Romanian, Turkish, Dutch and Swedish, as well as the traditional Chinese and European Portuguese.

“Committed to democratizing mobile AI for all, Galaxy AI’s language expansion this year will allow even more Galaxy users to communicate beyond language barriers on a scale that is completely unique to Samsung,” said TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile eXperience Business at Samsung Electronics. “We will continue to innovate our technology and pioneer premium mobile AI experiences so that even more users are equipped with the right tools to unleash their unlimited potential.”

Galaxy S24 Series

Galaxy AI Feature Descriptions

• Live Translate 3 produces two-way, real-time voice and text translations of phone calls, making it easier than ever to book reservations while traveling or chat with your grandparents in their native language.
  • Interpreter 4 can instantly translate live conversations through a user-friendly split-screen view, allowing people standing opposite each other to read a text translation of what the other person is saying.
  • Chat Assist can help perfect conversational tones by generating context-aware suggestions and translations to ensure communication sounds as it was intended, whether it’s a polite message to a coworker or a short catchy phrase for a social media caption.
  • Note Assist 5 can create AI-generated summaries, pre-formatted templates and cover pages, and help with translations, elevating your day-to-day productivity.
  • Transcript Assist 6 uses AI and Speech-to-Text technology to transcribe, summarize and even translate voice recordings.
  • Browsing Assist 7 helps you stay up to speed on what’s happening in the world while saving time by generating concise summaries and translations of news articles or web pages.

The newly supported Galaxy AI languages and dialects will each be available for download as a language pack from the Settings app across all devices that support Galaxy AI. That includes the Galaxy S24 series, Galaxy S23 series, Galaxy S23 FE, Galaxy Z Flip5, and Galaxy Tab S9 series, with more coming soon.

For more information about Galaxy AI, please visit: Samsung U.S. Newsroom, Samsungmobilepress.com or Samsung.com.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/6
Big news:

Google just rolled out a massive upgrade.

AI is now inside Google Photos, and it's free.

Here are new AI features that you can't miss out:

2/6
1. Magic Eraser

Remove unwanted distractions with a few taps.

3/6
2. Portrait Light

Adjust the position and brightness of light in portraits.

4/6
3. Photo Unblur

Blurry shots are a thing of the past!

AI sharpens those fuzzy photos, rescuing precious memories.

5/6
That's it!

If you enjoyed this thread:

- Like and Retweet
- Follow <
@hey_madni > for more similar content.

6/6
Big news:

Google just rolled out a massive upgrade.

AI is now inside Google Photos, and it's free.

Here are new AI features that you can't miss out:

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GLH6O-8agAAL6Fr.jpg

GLH6O-8agAAL6Fr.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Google will use AI to help you detect a scam call as it's happening​

News

By Dave LeClair

published 14 hours ago

A handy alert will let you know that something seems off

Scam warnings in phone calls using AI

(Image credit: Google)

Google announced a lot of new stuff during its I/O keynote. Seriously, just read through our live blog and prepare to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of new things. One of the most exciting announcements seems to have flown under the radar, as Google announced a new feature that would use its powerful Gemini AI to detect automatically when a phone call sounds like a scam.

Basically, the AI will constantly listen to calls from possible spam numbers and alert you if anything said during the conversation sounds like it could be a scam. The company showed off the feature by having a fake bank representative call the presenter. As soon as the scammer asked the presenter to transfer money to a different account to keep it safe, the AI alerted them that it sounded like a scam, helping protect their money.

The AI would also have alerted the presenter if the alleged representative had asked for a PIN or password, as these numbers aren't typically asked for over the phone.

While most of the features touted for Gemini involve its generative capabilities, this one shows another way the power of a trained AI model can be used. Sure, more savvy users might be able to spot a scam call quickly without AI intervention, but for more vulnerable people, a feature like this could save them from a massive headache or a life-ruining scam.

Unfortunately, Google said the feature won't launch with Android 15. The company said it will share more details later this year. Importantly, it also noted that users would need to opt in and that it would all be handled on their device, so it should be secure. Whether users want AI to listen to their calls remains to be seen, but this does seem like an excellent way for AI to be integrated into our daily lives outside of creating funny images that look a little off.

Google also announced a massive update to Gemini 1.5 Pro and even more Android 15 AI features that sound like game-changers.