Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I got a question for the people posting in this thread.

I kinda wanted to send this to the Rafters since it's a historic moment in Film Room history....but if you guys want to still use it to discuss comic stuff let me know.

Fred.

Don’t send it to the rafters yet breh. Do it when the film officially hits a billion :blessed:

Plus there is still a lot of active discussions taking part here.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I got a question for the people posting in this thread.

I kinda wanted to send this to the Rafters since it's a historic moment in Film Room history....but if you guys want to still use it to discuss comic stuff let me know.

Fred.

Not YET!!

I’ve still got three more viewings to hit up before I hit my goal of ten!

The movie still making bank. We about to do a billie!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not YET!!

I’ve still got three more viewings to hit up before I hit my goal of ten!

The movie still making bank. We about to do a billie!

Nah, not yet. I mean, when it does come down from the sticky.

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@NobodyReally @Ironman @Ziggiy :gucci:
3e3f086262ca10e7469af7576c84fdaf.png

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I will say this much...

We carried this movie. The foreign box office compared to other super hero movies is :snoop:

Not saying BP should've done star war's numbers, but unlike damn near all other super hero flicks and blockbusters, BP hasn't relied on foreign box office numbers.

Sadly, every hood movie, or comedy that gets released overseas, has a major impact on how the rest of the world views us. Gang bangers, hood nikkas, or slaves.

And I hope people don't think this is the start of a new norm, because it isn't. And I hope studio's don't try to carbon copy BP and expect, celebrities to buy out movie theaters and shut down venues just for the hell of it.

This is 2008 election night type magic :wow: And it won't be duplicated.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I will say this much...

We carried this movie. The foreign box office compared to other super hero movies is :snoop:

Not saying BP should've done star war's numbers, but unlike damn near all other super hero flicks and blockbusters, BP hasn't relied on foreign box office numbers.

Sadly, every hood movie, or comedy that gets released overseas, has a major impact on how the rest of the world views us. Gang bangers, hood nikkas, or slaves.

And I hope people don't think this is the start of a new norm, because it isn't. And I hope studio's don't try to carbon copy BP and expect, celebrities to buy out movie theaters and shut down venues just for the hell of it.

The foreign box office for this is fine considering that these movies usually have longer legs in foreign markets and it wasn't released in all regions at once as most other foreign releases are.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
The foreign box office for this is fine considering that these movies usually have longer legs in foreign markets and it wasn't released in all regions at once as most other foreign releases are.

Yeah, but if not for the movement in the u.s. the domestic would probably be in the 300 mil range if that. Foreign markets and actually riding the hype going on here.

I also think Wakanda being in the infinity war trailer helped a little. I watched a lot of youtube videos of people talking about this movie and a lot of them didn't know anything about BP. That's why I say this is was a perfect storm. At first I didn't think it was cool to shoe horn BP into Civil War was a good idea, but now I think it was brilliant. T'Challa got that exposure, which helped open foreign markets up to the idea of a black super hero (Rhodes and Falcon don't really count).

Like I said either in this thread or another one.... BP 2 has to have a compelling villain on par with Killmonger to be successful.. Shuri should definitely get a bigger role as well as M'Baka.

And I think just like May has been reserved for the Avengers, February will be "Wakanda's Foreva"

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I will say this much...

Man chill with the negative shyt and just enjoy the moment breh. We about to hit a billy!

full

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I will say this much...

What are you going on about lol

BP is doing better than most MCU movies internationally

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I will say this much...

Beuh BP is doing FAR better period then most could've have anticipated period lol. It matching WS, Spiderman, and Guardians then passing them is more than I could've hoped for. Anything else is just icing. This is BPs first film you can't expect everyone to be excited like we are the general audience >>>>>>>>>us in numbers. It's hitting a billie next week only a few MCU films have done that and most usually had a bunch of Avengers in them:obama:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
What are you going on about lol

BP is doing better than most MCU movies internationally

It was initially compared to Dr. Strange or Antman... Then Iron Man.. At this point I can only compare it to the top dogs like Avengers and AOU.

It already passed AOU and could come close but just short of Avengers.

I just merely pointed out the fact that we helped push those box office numbers to a billion