Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why is it that these self designated contrarians of the Black community never say this about any of the other White lead movies Black folk spend massive amounts of money on? Why now, when an all-Black film comes out, do they decide to come with this energy?
Because they're fake revolutionaries. We give white people money every day whenever we go shopping for food,clothing, or useless items, but then we want to get all black power when it comes to supporting a film that will actually benefit the black actors involved. I don't know if you you've heard of Yarima Karama but he started off as a good youtuber, then he turned into a fake hotep who thought he would get rich like Tariq but he's still broke and complaining about people not contributing. Anyway he's been one of the most annoying people when it comes to reviewing Black Panther, because he refuses to admit that more black people sided with Killmonger since it goes against his "we're all sheep" belief.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Now that the film has made a billion, the narrative is changing :mjlol:

Now you got people going "Will the sequel be just as big?" "The real question is how well the sequel will do?"

You really can't make this stuff up.

Yea I knew that was coming day one, that was initially my concern that people misread as hate.

1 Billion is a landmark and hard place the reach...... so if they come back and do say $880M or even $900M people will be like "bu bu bu bu but it flopped, Marvel fell off, they trash"

But cats in here was like "no we want it to get to a billion and do what it do, we dont want it to naturally progress like all the other Marvel movies"

I feel back like:hubie:

But yall gonna see what I'm talking bout real soon:manny:

Martha

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Bernardin is an idiot

Everyone loves him because they knew him before the movie. It's like he knows nothing about the character
I don't know if you listening to where I time stamped the vid.

But he said T'Challa should have lost to M'Baku and had to struggle to be king the whole movie.

Somebody in the comment section said he basically described/wanted the first Thor movie :pachaha:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So what if every black person doesn't get some little check in the mail for doing our part. Sick of these hating ass nikkaz , same dudes who prob never spent a dime at a black owned business are crying
They don't shop at black owned businesses but want us to support their black owned business:mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yea I knew that was coming day one, that was initially my concern that people misread as hate.

1 Billion is a landmark and hard place the reach...... so if they come back and do say $880M or even $900M people will be like "bu bu bu bu but it flopped, Marvel fell off, they trash"

But cats in here was like "no we want it to get to a billion and do what it do, we dont want it to naturally progress like all the other Marvel movies"

Martha

itll be the dark knight

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Martha

That's not going to happened. BP far exceeded Marvel's own expectations. It got bumped for Spiderman (so did Thor and Captain Marvel).

Even The Last Jedi didn't come close to what The Force Awakens made. And Age Of Ultron didn't top the first Avengers.

What you CAN say is that after Infinity War drops, EVERY MARVEL MOVIE that had Black Panther in it made over a billion :win:.

:sas1:And besides, February is tax refund season. And its black history month.. Wakanda Foreeeeva.:sas2:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's not going to happened. BP far exceeded Marvel's own expectations. It got bumped for Spiderman (so did Thor and Captain Marvel).

Even The Last Jedi didn't come close to what The Force Awakens made. And Age Of Ultron didn't top the first Avengers.

What you CAN say is that after Infinity War drops, EVERY MARVEL MOVIE that had Black Panther in it made over a billion :win:.

:sas1:And besides, February is tax refund season. And its black history month.. Wakanda Foreeeeva.:sas2:

Whats not gonna happen? You saying say this movie ends at $1.6 Billion, its gonna make $1.7B in 2 years or so?

I know it exceeded Marvels expectations... but it exceeded ALL expectations. That "bump" in the grand scheme of things was probably for the best, it gave them more time to refine and do whatever needed to be done verses be rushed (cuz I know how much cats in here hate RUSHED shyt) so I been stopped looking at that as a bad thing and probably why CMarvel will be fine.

Yes those sequels didnt surpass the originals and therefore it ties into why some love to be like "bu bu bu bu but it flopped"

Come on, you know the game and narrative the stans and haters will play

We been doing this too long

Martha

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
itll be the dark knight
That should be the challenge for the sequel..

You've made the best Marvel movie. Now see if you can make the best comic book movie...ever..

Sequels usually end up better when having great directors.

Spider-Man 2, TDK, Winter Soldier *I know the Russos didn't direct the first one, but still*, etc

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Whats not gonna happen?[/B] You saying say this movie ends at $1.6 Billion, its gonna make $1.7B in 2 years or so?

I know it exceeded Marvels expectations... but it exceeded ALL expectations. That "bump" in the grand scheme of things was probably for the best, it gave them more time to refine and do whatever needed to be done verses be rushed (cuz I know how much cats in here hate RUSHED shyt) so I been stopped looking at that as a bad thing and probably why CMarvel will be fine.

Yes those sequels didnt surpass the originals and therefore it ties into why some love to be like "bu bu bu bu but it flopped"

Come on, you know the game and narrative the stans and haters will play

We been doing this too long

Martha

It's not going to fall below 1 billion in ticket receipts.

And at the end of the day, Marvel's expectations are the only ones that matters because they decide of sequels and spinoffs will happen.

BP2 won't flop because Feige knows how to catch fire in a bottle and harness it. It's why the Russo Brothers are still with Marvel.

But like I said before, Killmonger will be hard to top. He set the bar high for the next villain.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Just saw it. It was ok. Admittedly I'm not a big super hero movie fan, but i liked it overall.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
It's not going to fall below 1 billion in ticket receipts.

And at the end of the day, Marvel's expectations are the only ones that matters because they decide of sequels and spinoffs will happen.

BP2 won't flop because Feige knows how to catch fire in a bottle and harness it. It's why the Russo Brothers are still with Marvel.

But like I said before, Killmonger will be hard to top. He set the bar high for the next villain.
If the villain in the sequel aint a Black man (or woman) with righteous goals, then that will be a fail for the sequel.
One thing I wanna know though: how did Howard Stark smuggle vibranium out of Wakanda without getting fukked up?
They could weave that backstory into a sequel if theyre clever.