mr x

Superstar
Daps
Oh so close to 700m.

Just over a milly left, but running out of time and theaters.

After next weekend it will probably need 800k or so.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Oh so close to 700m.

It went from being 935 theaters Thursday to just 440 yesterday.

It's going to fall just short of 700 million I'm afraid.

Infinity War helped Black Panther though. It helped because I think it stayed in more theaters longer to bridge the gap until Infinity War dropped. Then it got a bump for the first 2 weeks of Infinity War's run.

But now its the summer blockbuster circuit. Dead Pool took it's pound of flesh and now Solo is doing it. It needs to make 1.7 million more. At the way its trending it will do

500k between now and next Friday.
200 - 300k the following week.
50 - 100k the next week

after that you're looking at weekly sales of under 100k..

So even at the most generous estimates, they will be lucking to make another 1 million in sales let alone 1.7 million.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Oh so close to 700m.

Pisses me off that they released the DVD so soon. It would've passed 700m by now if not for that.

This is BP's 100th day in the theaters and it's 14th week/weekend overall. In it's 13th week [the week the DVD came out], it did 800k that weekend. The week before, it had done 2 million. So the DVD release was a gut punch.

In comparison, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnorak were doing around 200k in their 13th/14th weekends with around 300 theaters to work with, and both stayed in theaters for another month/4-5 weeks (to diminishing returns). Right now they cut BP's theater count in half this week, to just 400, so we'll see what his 14th weekend total is tomorrow. Sounds like it'll be around 300-400k. It's going to be very close... the sooner it can get to 699 million, the better the chances Disney will see 700m as a final milestone worth having it stick around for.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Pisses me off that they released the DVD so soon. It would've passed 700m by now if not for that.

This is BP's 100th day in the theaters and it's 14th week/weekend overall. In it's 13th week [the week the DVD came out], it did 800k that weekend. The week before, it had done 2 million. So the DVD release was a gut punch.

In comparison, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnorak were doing around 200k in their 13th/14th weekends with around 300 theaters to work with, and both stayed in theaters for another month/4-5 weeks (to diminishing returns). Right now they cut BP's theater count in half this week, to just 400, so we'll see what his 14th weekend total is tomorrow. Sounds like it'll be around 300-400k. It's going to be very close... the sooner it can get to 699 million, the better the chances Disney will see 700m as a final milestone worth having it stick around for.

I'm just finding out that Black Panther was meant to stay dead for good when they made Infinity War... Now Marvel has to find a way to bring him back because apparently, nobody is being resurrected in Avengers 4 (unless they're lying and trying to do a misdirection)

My problem with Marvel is Iron Man got a quick turn around. So did Captain America. They were only planning to do ONE Black Panther before killing him off 3 months later. :mjpls:

They never expected this movie to do so well which is disappointing. Even Thor got 3 movies. Black Panther should've gotten the GOTG treatment. But I guess if the character doesn't crack hella jokes and give snazzy one liners, they aren't worth keeping around :pacspit:

:ufdup:Marvel better fix this

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'm just finding out that Black Panther was meant to stay dead for good when they made Infinity War... Now Marvel has to find a way to bring him back because apparently, nobody is being resurrected in Avengers 4 (unless they're lying and trying to do a misdirection)

My problem with Marvel is Iron Man got a quick turn around. So did Captain America. They were only planning to do ONE Black Panther before killing him off 3 months later. :mjpls:

They never expected this movie to do so well which is disappointing. Even Thor got 3 movies. Black Panther should've gotten the GOTG treatment. But I guess if the character doesn't crack hella jokes and give snazzy one liners, they aren't worth keeping around :pacspit:

From who?:dwillhuh:I don't buy that
full-3_zpsobokmvw3.png

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
THink about it.

The only started talking about a sequel AFTER it made over 1 billion. At that point, IW was already a wrap.

Imagine if BP made 300 - 400 million world wide. Do you think they would've brought him back for a sequel?
You don't make 1.2 or 3 billie and have multiple fan favorites in a film and not continue that :russ:I admit they underestimated how well audiences would react and gravitate towards the character and his universe though. They actually could've did more by having faith in his film to just milk it before dropping his dvd so quickly :patrice::mjpls:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Are you really that gullible?

:mjlol:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
mind boggling that people actually believe T'Challa is dead. it would literally be the biggest twist in cinematic history - and i don't think this is hyperbole - if everyone who turned to dust in Infinity War remained dead.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You don't make 1.2 or 3 billie and have multiple fan favorites in a film and not continue that :russ:I admit they underestimated how well audiences would react and gravitate towards the character and his universe though. They actually could've did more by having faith in his film to just milk it before dropping his dvd so quickly :patrice::mjpls:
+1

Before A3 dropped, Fiege said something along the lines of "we were always banking on the success of the character (:patrice:), that's why we made him and Wakanda prominent in infinity war; it'd be harder if his movie failed bc then we'd have to remove stuff. (:mjpls:)"

Well shyt, TChalla was barely in the movie and had like 3 lines! lol Dr strange did doodoo numbers comparatively (677m total) yet we saw how big his role was, so maybe they should've pulled some of his scenes? :mjpls:

(What's that saying about a black person gotta be twice as successful as his cac peers...? God forbid if BP *only* did 677m...)

Just last week a marvel producer came out and said "yea, if we could do it again we'd have had the Russos give TChalla more scenes and things to do."

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
+1

Before A3 dropped, Fiege said something along the lines of "we were always banking on the success of the character (:patrice:), that's why we made him and Wakanda prominent in infinity war; it'd be harder if his movie failed bc then we'd have to remove stuff. (:mjpls:)"

Well shyt, TChalla was barely in the movie and had like 3 lines! lol Dr strange did doodoo numbers comparatively (677m total) yet we saw how big his role was, so maybe they should've pulled some of his scenes? :mjpls:

(What's that saying about a black person gotta be twice as successful as his cac peers...? God forbid if BP *only* did 677m...)

Just last week a marvel producer came out and said "yea, if we could do it again we'd have had the Russos give TChalla more scenes and things to do."

Only thing I'll say is that Dr. Strange in IW prolly should've had a large role, he had one of the stones and knowledge about what was about to go down.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm just finding out that Black Panther was meant to stay dead for good when they made Infinity War...

From who?:dwillhuh:I don't buy that
full-3_zpsobokmvw3.png

THink about it.

The only started talking about a sequel AFTER it made over 1 billion. At that point, IW was already a wrap.

Imagine if BP made 300 - 400 million world wide. Do you think they would've brought him back for a sequel?

Are you really that gullible?

:mjlol:

Yea cuz..... making statements like that need to be followed up with some kind of documentation.

At the same time..... even though thats NOT TRUE. Just to entertain, if it was, whats the problem?

Wasnt not too long ago cats whining about "bu bu bu bu bu NOBODY ever dies in the MCU and bu bu bu bu bu bu but they need more deaths that are MEANINGFUL and HOLD WEIGHT"

Well who's death would be more meaningful and hold more weight than BP?

I been telling cats for years "be careful what you asked for" you dont get to pick and choose. And yes they couldve killed the core 4, but then let some tell it they'd just move the goalpost and say "well their contracts are up, they been doing it for years, its time" or some type of caveat to dismiss it....... "its predictable"

Nope, no one predicted this. I too dont want BP to be permanently dead, but it would be funny if he was cuz I'd sit here and be like:ufdup:

Marvel didnt kill Black Panther........ yall fans killed him:CageUmad:

Martha

Martha

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Only thing I'll say is that Dr. Strange in IW prolly should've had a large role, he had one of the stones and knowledge about what was about to go down.
I hear yea. Tho, tbf, that one planet that had their wig snatched by Thanos off panel had a stone too, so bare minimum you only needed DS as a plot device for Thanos to snatch his stone. The jokes with him, Tony, Peter and the extended fight with Thanos was all great stuff added that helped boost his character to audiences that were indifferent to him. Even DS foreshadowing things later was a cute touch for him but was more so just a nice way to not over complicate the battle, i.e. giving an out to omit using the time stone.

So all that was great stuff for DS, but my point is if Black Panther's screen time is contingent on his box office success but Dr. Strange and [possibly] Ant-Man's aren't because they're going to have stories written where they get to shine in Avengers movies regardless of BO #s... that's a bit meh.

Fortunately it's a moot point now because Black Panther doubled what either of their films did [black man working 2x as hard] and Disney got the memo. Things should change for the better starting in 2020.