Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Nakia is guaranteed to turn. It's what her character is known for.

That'd be like casting Bruce Banner and never turning him into the Hulk. :comeon:

For real, ain't no point in Nakia being there unless she heel turns. She turning.

The movie will have some low rom-com drama mixed with geopolitical implications with that shyt lol.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
T'Challa being with Monica would've resulted in a lot of damsel-in-distress stuff which is mad cliched, unless her history was changed.

Nakia isn't your typical "help" and thus isn't your typical love interest. Plus, its comic canon that she does a heel turn and tries to murk T'Challa. That would be the first MCU love interest--and the first love interest in a minute really--to turn on the main character and try to kill the lead.
Why would you think it would result in damsels in distress?

All superheroes that have had normal love interests have been kidnapped at one point in the comics

Nakia is guaranteed to turn. It's what her character is known for.

That'd be like casting Bruce Banner and never turning him into the Hulk. :comeon:
The MCU change a lot of things. This discussion is on shyt they changed

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
For real, ain't no point in Nakia being there unless she heel turns. She turning.

The movie will have some low rom-com drama mixed with geopolitical implications with that shyt lol.

Is Disney's darling ready to play a villain tho? You know what, when you read all of the points in the outline, I'm kind nervous. MBJ as Killmonger, Lupita playing anyone BUT Shuri, none of the Royal Family announced, 4 villains. This new girl casted as...then hearing it will be influenced by Coates....yeah, I'm nervous.

Now I know the talent level is A+, so no matter what's on the page, they'll kill. But something tells me there's too many ingredients.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Is Disney's darling ready to play a villain tho? You know what, when you read all of the points in the outline, I'm kind nervous. MBJ as Killmonger, Lupita playing anyone BUT Shuri, none of the Royal Family announced, 4 villains. This new girl casted as...then hearing it will be influenced by Coates....yeah, I'm nervous.

Now I know the talent level is A+, so no matter what's on the page, they'll kill. But something tells me there's too many ingredients.

No guarantees that Nakia will turn, but her turning will def be one of the biggest surprises (to the audience) and will make the BP movie standout in a major way. Not to mention it'll be a very unique role for Lupita too.

I do think the turn won't be as violent as the comic though. But there will be enough to get the point across.

As for everything else, I'm optimistic but yea, this pre-movie experience was def not what I expected. I'd never predict even half of the stuff that happened. The MCU hasn't taken a major L yet, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No guarantees that Nakia will turn, but her turning will def be one of the biggest surprises (to the audience) and will make the BP movie standout in a major way. Not to mention it'll be a very unique role for Lupita too.

I do think the turn won't be as violent as the comic though. But there will be enough to get the point across.

As for everything else, I'm optimistic but yea, this pre-movie experience was def not what I expected. I'd never predict even half of the stuff that happened. The MCU hasn't taken a major L yet, so I'm crossing my fingers.

They may just set up the notes of her turning, but not have her actually do anything bike until the sequel.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Lupita already specified that the first movie only has two villains, Killmonger and Klaw. They have to be saving M'Baku and Nakia for the sequel.
They've already cast an actor to play m'baku dude, would be pretty hilarious to start casting for the sequel before production starts for the original