Official Gavin Newsom Recall Watch Thread

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I didn't see any other threads about this. Post any Newsom recall news and opinions here.
It looks like the recall election will likely happen, and 60% of recall elections (100% of gubernatorial recall elections) resulted in the incumbent losing their job. If people vote him out, his replacement will be whoever gets the most votes, and he can't run against himself

Gonna be a lot of fukkery.

Dems are nervous enough to start throwing their weight behind Newsom
Warren, Sanders join Newsom to fight 'extremist' GOP recall

The Recall folks say they have over 2M signatures.

Last edited:

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Recalled for what? Haven’t been following this.
Conservatives and a few progressives don't like him very much.
-Sanctuary state
-Gun control
-Excessive Lockdowns
-High taxes and general COL
-Bad infrastructure
There's probably more I am missing. They have wanted to recall him for some time, and covid was the perfect opportunity for a big push.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Conservatives and a few progressives don't like him very much.
-Sanctuary state
-Gun control
-Excessive Lockdowns
-High taxes and general COL
-Bad infrastructure
There's probably more I am missing. They have wanted to recall him for some time, and covid was the perfect opportunity for a big push.
So some bullshyt, then…
:martin:

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
seems like angry conservatives and business people

the number of signatures required is so low smh
Conservatives, businesspeople, and parents of school age kids mostly from what I gather.

I signed it, for the record. The lockdowns went too long, and certain sectors were left out in the cold. A few of my favorite businesses, restaurants, and entertainment venues went belly up. That, and Newsom and his health officials eating at one of the finest restaurants in the world while we were under a stay home order really pissed me off.

The signature number is 12% of the total votes for the original election. Should it be higher? Maybe.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Conservatives, businesspeople, and parents of school age kids mostly from what I gather.

I signed it, for the record. The lockdowns went too long, and certain sectors were left out in the cold. A few of my favorite businesses, restaurants, and entertainment venues went belly up. That, and Newsom and his health officials eating at one of the finest restaurants in the world while we were under a stay home order really pissed me off.

The signature number is 1% of the total votes for the original election. Should it be higher? Maybe.
they went and ate there when restaurants were open...

as for the lockdowns, i can't delineate between his directives and the overzealous lockdowns and rules individual counties in the bay enacted that went above and beyond his recommendations or tiering (like i remember bay area counties locking down again to not get the in purple category instead of waiting until they were purple).

i personally think our lockdowns were too long, at the same time the panic and hysteria doomers loved them and are still pining for them as we being to open up with vaccination, so he'd be shat on by that side had lockdowns been more lenient, he was damned either way

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
desantis kept his state open and is looking at a presidential run

newsom instituted bullshyt ass arbitrary lockdowns for appearances' sake, and is looking at a recall

good indicator of '22 and '24
you're a perma dem-bear so....

anyway, lockdown or not, desantis is the type to appeal to republicans nationally, newsom never had a shot nationally. i didn't even want to see him become gov after seeing what his SF looked like

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I've seen Faulconer around a few times in San Diego, and he's known in the business community. He's pretty middle of the road, he's not awful, but he's not really good at much either, per his term as mayor.

The whole French Laundry thing was so overblown. Where do you think a guy like Newsom goes to eat? Chillils? he's probably been there 100 times. It was bad PR, without a doubt.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're a perma dem-bear so....

anyway, lockdown or not, desantis is the type to appeal to republicans nationally, newsom never had a shot nationally. i didn't even want to see him become gov after seeing what his SF looked like
gotta call it how i see it :yeshrug: if biden was even 5 years younger id be a huge dem bull in 24

also i need him to own opening on july 4th. otherwise the republicans are gonna railroad the dems on that