Official Indie/Foreign Film Thread

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
i tend to watch the ones that are more plot or action driven but i also like some more meditative or dreamlike ones

What are some action ones you recommend:lupe:

The closest action arthouse flicks I seen are Driven and the god awful sequel :huhldup:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
What are some action ones you recommend:lupe:

The closest action arthouse flicks I seen are Driven and the god awful sequel :huhldup:
"action"

le samourai
ghostdog way of the samurai
blue velvet
day of the beast
drive
neon demon
repoman
house
a touch of zen
tetsuo: the iron man
baccurau
sweet sweetback's baadasssss song
under the skin

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
"action"

le samourai
ghostdog way of the samurai

blue velvet
day of the beast
drive
neon demon
repoman
house
a touch of zen
tetsuo: the iron man
baccurau
sweet sweetback's baadasssss song

:wow:Seen these and they were piff. Will check out the other ones.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
MV5BYzE5MGRjMjUtYzQwYy00NGU2LTk2ZjYtMDJhNDM0MmQ3MTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

very good flick that I thought they could have let cook a lil longer. Felt at times things were rushed especially when we see how alcohol starts to destroy their lives, but you can also say that their lives were already on the precipice. Mads kills it and all in all it was a very strong cast around him...I see why this was considered the best foreign flick from last year. Gonna try and work my way down the rest of the list I posted itt.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
MV5BODMyZTM2ZTYtODU3NC00ODMwLWIwNjMtOWY4YmQ5MDlmNGFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_.jpg

movie doesn't really kick into gear until half way thru...first hour is really slow and could've built to massacre in half the time and not really lose anything. The 2nd half is very good especially the last 15-20 mins as we see a strong woman who believed in her country get broken by it.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

Will likely watch this tonight. My girlfriend recommended it very strongly.

I enjoyed this. My girlfriend told me beforehand to really pay attention to every scene and line, and while I was able to do an OK job of keeping up, I still walked away with the desire to rewatch this and try to catch anything else that I might've missed. Some scenes were too melodramatic, but still seemed appropriate and in place with the overall mood of the film.

The three hour runtime fukking terrified me, as I have a tough time sitting in place for too long, but this didn't feel like an eternity, quite the opposite actually.

I had a bit of a panic through the first third of the film. The story telling reminded me slightly of shoplifters, which made me realize how different storytelling is between Japanese and American films. In both of the aforementioned Japanese flicks, I really like that the stories aren't fed to the audience in a completely linear manner.

I need to watch more foreign flicks.

Last edited:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for that Mubi mention, just added it. Used to buy a lot of blus but last 5 years, lots more streaming options. Was thinking of getting the Criterion Channel but noticed HBO/Max has a bunch of Criterion movies. I own quite of few Criterion blus as well. When I remember some good foreign movies, will post them here.

This is an excellent one, 1995 La Haine starring Vincent Cassel (managed to be married to Monica Bellucci at one time) It's a Criterion blu as well: