Official Mortal Kombat Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tracking Board is reporting that James Wan (Insidious, The Conjuring) is doing a bicycle kick to get his way into the producer’s role for New Line’s upcoming reboot of Mortal Kombat! The film is being written by Oren Uziel (22 Jump Street, Mortal Kombat: Rebirth) and Dave Callaham (The Expendables, Doom).

The site reports Mortal Kombat‘s synopsis:

The script centers around a seemingly harmless guy who realizes his potential when he finds himself caught in the middle of a cross-dimensional battle between the warriors of Earth and the monsters of Outworld. Now, in order to stop the world from total destruction, he must win the martial arts tournament known as ‘Mortal Kombat’.

Wan killed it this year with Furious 7, which ended up grossing $1.5 billion, making it the 5th highest grossing film of all time. He’s currently working on The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist, which is set to be released on June 10th, 2016.

:ohlawd:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
i don't know, that mortal kombat short film that caught hype years back with michael jai white looked dope, but if they are really gonna make the movie based on that "a normal supermarket employee gets caught between worlds and must fight in the mortal kombat tournament to save the world" plot then i'm prolly sitting this one out...i can't fukk with that type of MK flick. :camby:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i don't know, that mortal kombat short film that caught hype years back with michael jai white looked dope, but if they are really gonna make the movie based on that "a normal supermarket employee gets caught between worlds and must fight in the mortal kombat tournament to save the world" plot then i'm prolly sitting this one out...i can't fukk with that type of MK flick. :camby:

Just cause he's a normal cat doesn't mean he works at a supermarket breh :deadmanny:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
Just cause he's a normal cat doesn't mean he works at a supermarket breh :deadmanny:

maybe i should have clarified, a few years back the plot to the forthcoming MK film was released and it read as the following:

"With Kevin Tancharoen still attached to direct from Oren Uziel's screenplay", the site writes, "we've exclusively discovered that the live-action reboot will follow a lowly unlucky supermarket employee who discovers that he has out of this world powers and must decide between good and evil, even though the evil side has helped him discover his true potential and who he really is."

i ain't make that shyt up yo...

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
maaaaaan igaf wat that story bout i just need piff fights like the first one.....the mk mythology is so cot dayum convoluted and ridiculous its gonna sound dumb af on the page no matter what so just give me a bare bones story of a dude fighting in a touney to the death and im cool with that

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm in for any MK flick

First one still a classic to me damnit :to:

20th anniversary this month
maybe i should have clarified, a few years back the plot to the forthcoming MK film was released and it read as the following:

"With Kevin Tancharoen still attached to direct from Oren Uziel's screenplay", the site writes, "we've exclusively discovered that the live-action reboot will follow a lowly unlucky supermarket employee who discovers that he has out of this world powers and must decide between good and evil, even though the evil side has helped him discover his true potential and who he really is."

i ain't make that shyt up yo...

Well that's not happening breh. He left the project.