Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I really liked it. Felt like they really nailed both sides of Spidey and really captured the struggle of the balance he has too maintain with out it being too redundant.

Peter is very endearing. I can't wait to see this spider grow and be a little more heroic tho. I'm sure he'll have less hand holding/ fukk ups next movie.

Loved the Easter eggs in this movie as well. Very subtle but made me mark when I saw them.

Vulture was great. Menacing but not too over the top. Liked that his motivations stayed pretty focused and made sense.

The friend did get on my nerves toward the end. He def needs to chill a lil in the next one. I think he started to find his groove in the chair.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Logan, Wonder, Spidey, Guardian is how I got it ranked for superheroes movies this year. As far as this movie I'll give it between a B and a B+. Like him as Spidey. The elevator scene will be memorable but it wasn't enough memorable scenes. Fat friend was annoying. The mix chick was straight but I felt no chemistry between him and Spidey. Michael Keaton was fine (pause) as a villain but the problem is you know he coulda killed Spidey at anytime. I get he was a kid but this niguhs was not on that level to be fighting. The two twists determine a lot for me both good and not so good.

Did not see Michael Keaton as her father. I literally had the :dwillhuh: when he open the door. The second twist with MJ, I saw a mile a way. The way she was stalking that nigh. And especially when she gave him the finger at Homecoming. I knew she liked him then and would eventually get together. Didn't know she was MJ but I knew she was the true love interest. I liked her a lot and Keaton daughter just came off as a rich kid. I could tell it wouldn't last but the MJ one might be interesting.

My problem with Keaton character was it's too political. I get it. Capitalism sucks and he's a victim. But at the same time, it just took a way from him being a true villain. Even them sparring each other lives and him not snitching just messed it up for me. I actually did laugh a lot in this film which suprised because most of time, it comes off as corny white people jokes, unfunny puns. But I felt some of the jokes. I felt uncomfortable at the slavery joke though.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't feeling the Ironman Spider-Man suit.
Just got out

I liked it,didn't love it. It's not the best MCU film and it's not the best Spidey film,buts its definitely a solid worthy first film.

I was let down by vulture. His "origin" was laughable.

he literally goes from worker to bad guy in 1 fukking scene

Keaton is good and does his best,and his monologue and scene in the car was well done but there's really nothing much to the character. Cool design though.

Holland is good,I like him. He's better than tobey don't think I'll put him above Garfield yet but he can definitely be there for me.

I did not care for the suit dynamic. It just felt like iron man jr. Not a fan. I will say aesthetically it's grown on me a lot.

god I was so relieved peter didn't accept that suit at the end. Jesus christ that thing was ugly.

Some of the cgi was shaky as hell. He looked so weightless and fake in parts.

Flash was fukking AWFUL. Huge miscast.

I loved Peters friends. Michelle was fukking great,so was Ned. I really enjoyed the humour of the film. Marvel can be really over bearing but thus film all the jokes felt natural. They weren't shoe horned in,they just flowed very nicely within the story dynamic

The big climax action scene at the end
it takes places at night on a plane and I don't know if it was because of the 3d but man some of the action while vulture and Spidey fought on the plane was very poor,I could barely make out what was happening

The directing and film making was just there,by the numbers and mechanical.

Overall it was good.

I'd rank it as my 4th favorite Spidey flick.

7.5/10
Wow. I agree with everything.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
movie aint even been out a full week and marfooL dikk suckers calling it the best shyt ever :dahell:

bet if it was branded as SONY the same dikkheads will be shytting on it, just goes to show how much influence ''brand'' has over quality. im not even hating, just an observation i saw the minute it was announced marvel was helming spidey. you baby fakkits will never give praise where its due unless its marvel smh..

movie might actually be the best thing out but the way you clowns discredit what SONY did for spidey is sickening..

Which Sony versions are you caping for here?

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Awesome film. I do miss the Daily Bugle Spidey but this was way better than "Amazing..."

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
it was fine

i wasn't sold on tom holland's spiderman, it was fine in civil war but in a movie, mostly by himself, it still needed some work, they really went out they way to make Marisa Tomei look old in this joint.

they really went out their way to downplay the love interests in this movie.

i can't really get nitpicky on this one, most of the stuff worked, I just wasn't greatly entertained by it, i'll give it a high matinee

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Do we got a thread that has the latest DVD rips?