Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
U get it yet posted this? Bro homecoming literally was a coming of age for him to start his journey as Spider-Man, hence no skyscraper swinging (notice how uncomfortable he is being so high on the Washington monument) this isn't a full fledge spidey yet we got two more films and avenger movies for all dat, enjoy the film for what it is and it's story. Lol u think marvel gonna really ditch spider sense
I thought the director forgot. The Spidey sense is like Supermans hearing and x ray vision. You dont "learn" it, its natural.

Spiderman has been ko'd before and his spidey sense has saved him instinctively. To me its his coolest power. Super strength been done, anyone can make the webbing fluid, crawls on walls whatever, the spider sense is where its at. If hes using it, show it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Probably was never in the movie was just marketing shyt to make people believe iron man was in it more than he was to boost the box office.

I don't know who handled marketing maybe @MartyMcFly knows,but both sony and marvel have a history of deceptive marketing. I'm leaning towards it being sony.

They showed pretty much every scene he was in in the trailers.

Jon watts said that was never a part of the movie. They made it purely for marketing. But it was his call and the bosses let him cook.

The scene with vulture lowering from the trailer also was never a part of the movie. He shot that just for comic con.

People shoot things just for trailers all the time. Happens more than you think.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought the director forgot. The Spidey sense is like Supermans hearing and x ray vision. You dont "learn" it, its natural.

Spiderman has been ko'd before and his spidey sense has saved him instinctively. To me its his coolest power. Super strength been done, anyone can make the webbing fluid, crawls on walls whatever, the spider sense is where its at. If hes using it, show it.

Director didn't forget lol. They have a reasoning for why it's not in the movie. Now whether someone likes their reasoning is a different story but they do have one

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
i say this the stuff on the plane and the beach fight are pretty good

but the camera work is a little too jumpy i know most of that was cgi but

it could been the best one ever if they had framed the sequence a little better

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
also the best thing about this version of spider-man is we have a spider-man who values human life and will do anything in his power to save people

even villains

the nobody dies run after new day was one of my favorite things from the modern run of spider-man even if people found it naive

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Animated Miles movie is an insult given all of the elements they stole. Peter has a wealth of stories to use.

So they took three elements and that qualifies as all? The best friend and him being afraid of heights and the prowler even though Aaron Davis was ultimate Peter's prowler also so that one isn't even a straight jack. What else did they snatch?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
So they took three elements and that qualifies as all? The best friend and him being afraid of heights and the prowler even though Aaron Davis was ultimate Peter's prowler also so that one isn't even a straight jack. What else did they snatch?

I'm just jumping in here, but there's an argument to be made that the inclusiveness and multicultural aspect of the movie entirely is a jack...even though its how ny is supposed to be depicted in the first place.

It's an interesting question...how much have they sacrificed Miles character so Peter can get his shine? Seriously, what is left for Miles to grab other than his parents and the Aaron plotline?

....Which is mostly a negative connotation I might add... :patrice:

doublex

Pro
Daps
I'm just jumping in here, but there's an argument to be made that the inclusiveness and multicultural aspect of the movie entirely is a jack...even though its how ny is supposed to be depicted in the first place.

It's an interesting question...how much have they sacrificed Miles character so Peter can get his shine? Seriously, what is left for Miles to grab other than his parents and the Aaron plotline?

They must have something planned for Miles or else they wouldn't have thrown in that "my nephew lives in the neighborhood" reference. What was the point of that if not to set up the character to be introduced in a later film?

They may change some details about Miles to avoid redundancy with MCU Peter (no fat Asian bff), but they can add in new elements to make up for it and still deliver a great character.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

You're right there is definitely a conversation to have but my retort is there's plenty of stuff in here that was taken directly from Bendis' run with ultimate peter Parker. And those elements carried over with miles since Bendis also created him and kept a lot of the book mostly the same. So a lot of the stuff cats are saying was taken wasn't taken since it's always been a part of the fabric of that book. The best friend thing I'll give you that because Ned is definitely Ganke. But there's plenty of stuff for Miles because he's a different character than peter and the villains (the same villains peter dealt with mind you) interact with him differently and his relationship with women is different and he's younger. Peter became spider man at 15. Miles was still in middle school. Peter lives with his aunt. Miles lives with his mom and dad and has an uncle who's a thief. Those are big differences because they inform character.

The problem you'd always have with a miles movie is he's still dealing with peter parkers world meaning it's still peter Parker villains who have more hatred for peter Parker thus there's more juice in the conflicts.

Again your point is extremely valid and a point to be had and something they'll have to deal with but I don't see that being the case here as much as others because I read every damn issue of ultimate spider man when peter was in the book and this movie is all of that come to life.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I swear u dudes are fukking idiots he has spider sense but it's underdeveloped/ not at it's full potential cuz he's still getting into his powers and abilities. As his trilogy progresses it will be more prominent they also said they wldnt highlight when he uses it like the last films, no slow mo or nun of dat it will be a natural thing to him. Civil war: ant man on the shield, Bucky throwing that object. Homecoming: iron man robber trying to sucker punch him after he throws Thor robber, shocker 2 trying to sneak him on the boat, the three thugs trynna grab guns on the boat when his back was turned and he say "no you dnt" and throws them, etc. how hard is this shyt to understand

Ooooohhh don't worry about these "annoying" comments that are fake anger and "don't bring anything to the discussion"

Just let it slide like the nonbias do.

Unless you want to lower yourself like those "dudes" to whine to mods or ignore.

Either way.... don't take them seriously

Martha

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
You're right there is definitely a conversation to have but my retort is there's plenty of stuff in here that was taken directly from Bendis' run with ultimate peter Parker. And those elements carried over with miles since Bendis also created him and kept a lot of the book mostly the same. So a lot of the stuff cats are saying was taken wasn't taken since it's always been a part of the fabric of that book. The best friend thing I'll give you that because Ned is definitely Ganke. But there's plenty of stuff for Miles because he's a different character than peter and the villains (the same villains peter dealt with mind you) interact with him differently and his relationship with women is different and he's younger. Peter became spider man at 15. Miles was still in middle school. Peter lives with his aunt. Miles lives with his mom and dad and has an uncle who's a thief. Those are big differences because they inform character.

The problem you'd always have with a miles movie is he's still dealing with peter parkers world meaning it's still peter Parker villains who have more hatred for peter Parker thus there's more juice in the conflicts.

Again your point is extremely valid and a point to be had and something they'll have to deal with but I don't see that being the case here as much as others because I read every damn issue of ultimate spider man when peter was in the book and this movie is all of that come to life.

Thanks for the explanation, truthfully I'm only a surface level fan of ultimate and only came onboard when Miles showed up, so lot of the details appeared to come from miles and not Peter, so that's great to hear.

I'd hope that Marvel realizes the line they need to keep with Miles unlike their other characters, I look at him as the in between of Falcon and Panther. bruh needs to be an equal and not a buddy. Falcon is his own character, of course, but he's still sidekick 2.0 and he's definitely not blackness personified like Panther.

So we'll see.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thanks for the explanation, truthfully I'm only a surface level fan of ultimate and only came onboard when Miles showed up, so lot of the details appeared to come from miles and not Peter, so that's great to hear.

I'd hope that Marvel realizes the line they need to keep with Miles unlike their other characters, I look at him as the in between of Falcon and Panther. bruh needs to be an equal and not a buddy. Falcon is his own character, of course, but he's still sidekick 2.0 and he's definitely not blackness personified like Panther.

So we'll see.

Yeah I feel like most cats here who are fans of miles didn't read ultimate till miles came on. So yeah I feel where you're coming from when you say that.

Falcon has taken a bigger role in the comics lately so we'll see how that works out