Official The New Edition Story Thread

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
new-edition-620x400.png

BET's three-part mini-series movie The New Edition Story is a project that follows the careers and lives of the singers from the iconic R&B group New Edition. Each part of the series will air from 9 - 11 p.m. ET/PT on BET, January 24 - 26, 2017.

Bryshere Y. Gray (Empire), Elijah Kelley (The Butler, The Wiz Live!), Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Luke James, Keith Powers (Straight Outta Compton) and new comers Algee Smith and Woody McClain have joined the cast of the original miniseries based on the iconic music group New Edition.

Acclaimed director Chris Robinson (ATL) signs on as director with Brooke Payne, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Ronnie DeVoe, Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant and Bobby Brown signed on as co-producers for the film.

Written by Abdul Williams (Lottery Ticket) the three-night miniseries event is scheduled to premiere on BET in 2017 with principal photography starting in Los Angeles in May 2016.

Bryshere Y. Gray will play Michael Bivins as an adult and Dante Hoagland will play Michael as a child.
Elijah Kelley will play Ricky Bell as an adult and Caleb McLaughlin will play Ricky as a child.
Luke James will play Johnny Gill.
Algee Smith will play Ralph Tresvant as an adult and Jahi Winston will play Ralph as a child.
Keith Powers will play Ronnie DeVoe as an adult and Myles Truitt will play Ronnie as a child.
Woody McClain will play Bobby Brown as an adult and Tyler Williams will play Bobby as a child.

New Edition laid the foundation for how modern-day boy bands look, feel, and sound. Boyz II Men, N’SYNC, The Backstreet Boys, and New Kids On The Block all took their cues from Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, Ralph and Johnny. After 30 years of breaking hearts on the record and from the stage, New Edition finally gets the biopic that their stellar tenure in entertainment so richly deserves. This 3-part miniseries follows the group from their humble beginnings as kids in Boston to global megastardom – weathering the highs and lows of controversy, personnel changes, and the ultimate cost of fame.

“NEW EDITION: THE MOVIE” is executive produced by Jesse Collins (Real Husbands of Hollywood) for JCE Films, a division of Jesse Collins Entertainment; and directed by Chris Robinson (ATL).

BET Networks “COOL IT NOW” with the Reveal of the “NEW EDITION: THE MOVIE” Cast | Business Wire

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
My baby Luke James is gonna go from an underground sensation to being known as the dude who played that nikka that replaced Bobby brown. Kinda how I associate the dude who played Otis in the Temptations movie.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks like it's going to be up there with The Jacksons:An American Dream & The Temptations mini series

That trailer made me feel nostalgic as fukk.Some of my earliest childhood memories are of my aunt playing Can You Stand The Rain back to back on her stereo player.

All the kids dancing to Poison at B Day parties:mjcry:

Parents smiling at their kid doing the Running Man.....Hitting the Rodger Rabbit so hard, your backbones clap:to:

I'm in

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
This looks like it's going to be up there with The Jacksons:An American Dream & The Temptations mini series

this shyt look good and unintentionally comedic at the same time.
-Hakeem Lyon and Freda Gatts reunited
-Lucas from Stranger Things :gladbron:
-Car chase scene and guns :pachaha:

I can't wait for this shyt. looks like good fun fukkery:dead: