Reppin
Toronto
From The Verge

Michael B. Jordan will star in a new Tom Clancy film series

Without Remorse and Rainbow Six are already in development
By Bryan Bishop@bcbishop Sep 20, 2018, 4:37pm EDTSHARE
TRA0160_MP_V1_WR.1029.0.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios
The Tom Clancy character Jack Ryan has found a new home on television recently thanks to Amazon Prime and John Krasinski. But according to Variety, Paramount Pictures will be focusing on a different character for a new film series — and Black Panther’s Michael B. Jordan is set to star.

Paramount is developing adaptations of the Clancy books Without Remorse and Rainbow Six, both of which focus on the character of John Clark. A former Navy Seal turned CIA operative, Clark was originally introduced in the 1987 novel The Cardinal of the Kremlin. In 1993, Clancy’s Without Remorse delved into the character’s backstory, while Rainbow Six followed his adventures forming a counter-terrorist group known as “Rainbow.” While numerous Clancy novels like The Hunt For Red October and Patriot Games have made their way to movie theaters before, this would be the first film adaptation for both Clark novels — although Rainbow Six has served as the inspiration for Ubisoft’s long-running game series of the same name.

Paramount is said to be meeting with writers for the Without Remorse adaptation, but shepherding the projects is writer-producer Akiva Goldsman. Goldsman has a prolific, if inconsistent, career. He’s the writer of movies like A Beautiful Mind — and Batman & Robin. He wrote Cinderella Man — as well as the 1998 Lost in Space reboot. Recently, he wrote the script for The Dark Tower, served as a key figure in Paramount’s Transformers franchise, and also co-created the upcoming DC Universe show Titans.

Reading even further, The Ringer wrote why he's MBJ is the right person to play the John Clark:
Jordan has taken on roles that have him allowed to flex mentally, emotionally, and yes, physically. If you’re still unconvinced that the actor might not be right to enter the Clancyverse, it might help considering his work in three previous movies.

In Without Remorse, Clark’s upbringing is similarly tragic: Not only does he lose his father to a blazing fire, he loses his mother to cancer and his pregnant wife in a car accident. (He then falls in love with a former prostitute, Pamela Madden, who is brutally killed by her employers; dude can’t catch a break.) That immense pain fuels Clark’s vengeful nature, though he uses violence only against people whom he believes deserve it — kind of like Marvel’s Frank Castle, a.k.a. The Punisher. Clark and Killmonger are remarkably similar when you step back and think about it. The main difference is that Clancy takes Clark’s side, while Black Panther took T’Challa’s. If you wanna picture Michael B. Jordan as John Clark, think of Killmonger with 15 percent more benevolence and empathy.
tenor.gif

Sounds like a role he can really sink his teeth into. So finally people might get off his back calling him a one dimensional actor.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@hex Did The Film Room fukk with that new Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime Video? I'm wondering if I should binge-watch it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex Did The Film Room fukk with that new Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime Video? I'm wondering if I should binge-watch it.

I heard it was dope, didn't personally watch it myself though.

Fred.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
From The Verge

Michael B. Jordan will star in a new Tom Clancy film series

Without Remorse and Rainbow Six are already in development
By Bryan Bishop@bcbishop Sep 20, 2018, 4:37pm EDTSHARE
TRA0160_MP_V1_WR.1029.0.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios
The Tom Clancy character Jack Ryan has found a new home on television recently thanks to Amazon Prime and John Krasinski. But according to Variety, Paramount Pictures will be focusing on a different character for a new film series — and Black Panther’s Michael B. Jordan is set to star.

Paramount is developing adaptations of the Clancy books Without Remorse and Rainbow Six, both of which focus on the character of John Clark. A former Navy Seal turned CIA operative, Clark was originally introduced in the 1987 novel The Cardinal of the Kremlin. In 1993, Clancy’s Without Remorse delved into the character’s backstory, while Rainbow Six followed his adventures forming a counter-terrorist group known as “Rainbow.” While numerous Clancy novels like The Hunt For Red October and Patriot Games have made their way to movie theaters before, this would be the first film adaptation for both Clark novels — although Rainbow Six has served as the inspiration for Ubisoft’s long-running game series of the same name.

Paramount is said to be meeting with writers for the Without Remorse adaptation, but shepherding the projects is writer-producer Akiva Goldsman. Goldsman has a prolific, if inconsistent, career. He’s the writer of movies like A Beautiful Mind — and Batman & Robin. He wrote Cinderella Man — as well as the 1998 Lost in Space reboot. Recently, he wrote the script for The Dark Tower, served as a key figure in Paramount’s Transformers franchise, and also co-created the upcoming DC Universe show Titans.

Reading even further, The Ringer wrote why he's MBJ is the right person to play the John Clark:

tenor.gif

Sounds like a role he can really sink his teeth into. So finally people might get off his back calling him a one dimensional actor.

teaser trailer

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
is the one with harrison ford any good i keep seeing it on prime or hbogo i think he battles the cartels

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Without Remorse and Rainbow Six are John Clark stories with a 20 or 30 year gap if I remember correctly. I wonder how they gonna do that, age him or have a different actor.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
is the one with harrison ford any good i keep seeing it on prime or hbogo i think he battles the cartels
Yeah I remember liking clear and present danger and the sum of all fears, haven't seen them recently tho

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I liked it, but it's nothing mind blowing. I look at it like a happy medium between the geopolitics of Homeland and the fukkery of 24.

MBJ is a perfectly fine actor. He hasn't tackled anything truly challenging, but he's done fine with the biggest roles he's received thus far. The Ford-led Clancy movies pretty much always did good at the box office. The Chris Pine reboot kinda bombed. The Rainbow Six name is big in gaming, so we'll see if that and MBJ's perceived star power can make these movies hits:yeshrug: