Official True Story Thread

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:damn: This shyt was dark

I felt the twist with the girl was supposed to be obvious right? I was just waiting for the reveal because I knew where they were going with it right when it was happening.

Those headshots at the end though :picard:

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
1 episode in. Can I just say how hugely underrated Wesley Snipes is? Phenomenal actor. And Kevin Hart has come so far improving his acting chops. He can definitely hold his own.

oh and Billy Zane is another one. It’s a shame his career never really took off.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Man, I really enjoyed this. More than “The Harder They Fall.”

Before I put any spoilers, the female detective was so so fine. :noah: Indian, Nigerian and English. It’s a shame she’s a dyke.:shaq2:

MV5BZDZkODBkZjUtNjk4Ny00OTE2LWI3N2UtYmEzNzYxMTQ3ODAwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY3Njc4NzA@._V1_UY1200_CR84,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

And why have a dime like Lauren London in the movie if she’s hardly there in person.:aicmon: Minus whale made Leslie Jones the ex wife.

I really enjoyed this mini series. The plot was predictable. Predicted it from the end of episode one. Knowing how shady Carlton was, it was obvious he set up his brother.

Despite the thin plot, every character played their role well. The guy who played Gene was amazing. I remember him from Luke Cage and other movies… what range. He really convinced me playing the role of a Stan. I felt so bad for him when he was murdered.

Kevin and Wesley have amazing chemistry together. I’d love to see them in more stuff. If Wesley doesn’t get a Golden Globe or Emmy nomination, it’ll be a travesty. His character had so much depth you almost felt sorry for him. I love characters like that…. Severely flawed but relatable. I’d love to see them in an action comedy like Money Train. Better duo than Ice Cube and Kevin or The Rock. Way better.

Kevin killed it. His comedy fell off to me but man he can act his ass off. The ending of him killing those Greek gangsters with two headshots was ridiculous. If they showed he had gun training from a previous role, those two headshots would’ve been more plausible. You mean to tell me that nikka became John Wick out of no where?:shaq2:

The Billie storyline was heavily under utilized. They could’ve done so much more delving into her story working as a writer trying to come up. She literally disappeared towards the end. I would’ve liked to have seen more of the relationship between her and the bodyguard too but hey.

My best bit was when he embarrassed that CAC at the comedy gig. I absolutely loved it.

Overall.. a solid 8.5/10 for me. The plot and storyline was way too predictable but it kept me hooked. I need to see Wesley in more shyt. He’s killing it with his come back right now.