Estevan Payan vs. Alex White
Caio Magalhaes vs. Luke Zachrich
Jordan Mein vs. Hernani Perpetuo

PRELIMINARY CARD
(UFC Fight Pass, 3:30 p.m. ET)
Ray Borg vs. Dustin Ortiz
Mirsad Bektic vs. Chas Skelly
Derrick Lewis vs. Jack May
I'm still shocked that dos Anjos/Nurmagomedov is on the prelims, it just doesn't really make sense to me. I understand that Tate is a bigger name than both RDA and Nurmagomedov, but their (Tate/Carmouche) are both coming off losses (Tate is 1-3 in her last 4 and Carmouche is 1-2 in her last 3), while Khabib is undefeated in MMA and 5-0 in the UFC and dos Anjos is on a 5-fight win streak. The winner of Khabib/dos Anjos is next in line for a title shot after Gil, why put them on the prelims? At least put them ahead of Romero/Tavares. You have a great opportunity to showcase the next LW contender in front of millions and you put them on the prelims? Makes no sense. And the UFC will wonder why a potential PPV card with Pettis/Gil vs RDA/Khabib bombed.

Overall, this is a really good card. Browne/Werdum, Barboza/Cerrone, Romero/Tavares, RDA/Khabib, Healy/Masvidal, Mein on the prelims and the return of Thiago Alves.
rZQ1370.png

Thoughts/Predictions?

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
another great fox card. brown werdum is a legit #1 contender fight. dont care too much who wins. dos anjos nurmagomedov, healy masvidal, barbosa cerrone :whew:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Once again, another free card thats better then the upcoming PPV. I will drop full thoughts and predictions later

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
they' probably hoping rda vs nurma will attract viewers to the prelims.

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
they' probably hoping rda vs nurma will attract viewers to the prelims.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to miss the prelims and half the main card :damn:

At least, I'll catch the Raptors playoff game :banderas:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Picks:

Browne via TKO: Bigger, faster, and more athletic. I see Browne catching and finishing Werdum early.
Tate via decision: Close fight, but I see Tate taking it.
Cerrone via TKO: Barboza has very questionable striking defence, I see Cerrone finishing him.
Tavares via decision: Tavares out-strikes Romero en route to a UD win.

dos Anjos via decision: Close, back and forth fight, but I see RDA pulling off the upset. RDA's striking will be the difference maker.
Masvidal via decision: Another toss-up fight, I see Masvidal eeking out a close decision.
T. Alves via TKO: Thiago puts on his usual striking clinic and brutally finishes Seth.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
My picks

prelims
Lewis Decision
Ortiz Sub rd 2
Mein TKO rd1
Healy Sub rd 3
Alves TKO rd 3
Khabib UD

Tavares vs Romero

Tavares is boring as hell to me. Hes been decisioning cans for a min. Romero is a beast and should take his skull off. Hopefully he doesn't gas and get picked apart. Romero TKO rd 2

Cerrone vs Barboza

FOTN potential here. Both dudes are great muy thai artist and grapplers. There weakness are pretty much the same as they both fold when facing pressure(the Varner fight exposed Barboza greatly) I'm going with Barboza for the decision because I believe Cerrone is a fighter who just doesn't take the sport seriously anymore. He usually starts out slow so I expect Barboza to keep him at bay with leg kicks and pick his shots.

Tate vs Carmouche

This is a true pick em fight. This can go either way. Both of them are similar in strengths and flaws. But I'll go with Tate by UD. I could see Tate controlling with her wrestling. Carmouche is not that good. She looked like shyt against Davis and her record is not very good. But Tate still has that idiot Caraway in her corner so you can never count out Tate's oppopnent.

Browne vs Werdum

This sucks. I like Werdum and he should have got his shot over that third Dos Santos/Cain fight. Hes improved in his striking greatly since he came back. But hes going to lose. And lose badly. I'm done beating against Browne and I've realized hes the real deal. He has size, striking, length, good TDD. Hes destroyed almost everyone in the HW outside the two elite. Werdum does not do well against powerful strikers as we saw with Dos Santos/Overeem. And lets be real, hes last three fights against Russow, Nelson, Nog( Can, gatekeeper, beyond washed) is not exactly stellar competition, esp if you are fighting once a year. Browne by KO rd 1

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
This should be a fun card. Always glad to see Alves, let's see how he looks out there because dude has been gone for what seems like forever

Browne is too fast for Werdum. I think he's next up in the "I get to go get mauled by Cain Velasquez" sweepstakes.

I don't like Tate/Liz getting billing over Khabib/Dos Anjos but marketing wise I can't hate on it the girls are gonna scrap, plus Miesha is hot and Liz seems like a really sweet girl.

Cerrone/Barboza is the fight I'm most excited for

-P-