OG Robo Cop Sample Flip (Beat Battle) Poll added

Who flipped the OG Robo Cop sample the best?

• ODOT META

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Eclipse

• Tom Foolery

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ok, the submission period is over. Let the battle begin.
Here's the sample that had to be flipped.

Judging Criteria for the beats will be based on
1. how good you flipped the sample
2. creativity - what stood out differently
3. mixing quality- how clean your shyt sounds
4. potential - could this be a dope song

Now here's all of the participants....

@nikkahs B. Wildin

@ODOT META

@Chubbs

@The Eclipse

@KushSkywalker

@Tom Foolery

Apex

Banned
Daps
I gotta give it to @Chubbs myself. Brilliant job.

This was definitely a great learning experience. Shoutout to everyone who participated.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'l put my vote in soon. My decision is tied to up between mine (due to the sequences used, odot metas (his grew on me alot after listening, i dig the sequences and the drums), Chubbs (his beats are always professional and polished) Tom Foolery (its hot, it's a banger to me drum patterns sound like he interned under mannie fresh during the best of Cash Money or something).

eclipses and kush's beats are dope too how i eliminated them from my picks was that their choices of the melody/sequences were too obscure imo. I think Kush sampled it so well that honestly had he just made the beat on his own and sold it he could claim rights and not pay any sampling fees and nobody would be like "Hey! this is the Robocop song" and hit him up.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yo I been out of the loop. I didn't see these last 2 battles my bad. I'll be more involved soon. So busy putting out this new beat tape :smile:

No problem fam. Just make sure your tape come out dope and vote on the contests we have up and running. Thanks

:salute:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After much deliberation I had to go with mine. This is based on sample usage and incorporation. Chubbs is the most polished, his shyt always sounds like it's coming from the studio, I would have liked to see more of the sample used. It's a toss up between odot and Tom, I like the drums, I like the samples, but the sequencing of them was where I was able to make my decision.

I'm ready for next week.