OKC Thunder to stretch or buyout Melo

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It's not as if OKC will have cap space for the foreseeable future. This is just to ease the lux issues

As for Melo, I doubt he finds a situation where he can win AND he can start.
Won't have capspace but we will have exceptions, better off eating this now then have it eat at our cap longterm. We could renounce several players rights or completely rework the roster. Having 9mm dead cap is never a good thing

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Won't have capspace but we will have exceptions, better off eating this now then have it eat at our cap longterm. We could renounce several players rights or completely rework the roster. Having 9mm dead cap is never a good thing
when's the last time you've seen an exception used?

The way things are now, trade exceptions can't even cover the cost of a MLE player.

I get it though. I hate stretch provisions. Brooklyn STILL has Deron Williams on their cap for 2 more years. Josh Smith is still on Detroit's books for 2 more years. Larry Sanders ain't played meaningful basketball in forever and he's still on the Bucks' books for FOUR MORE YEARS! You just wanna eat the deal and be done with it

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute: to Melo putting himself in a win-win situation. If he's smart he'd take the buyout and go join Lebron in whatever team he goes to.

I think Melo still has the skillset to be very effective in Bron ball. He might not be the same player he was but you can't go wrong with Melo wide open in the corner from a Lebron dime.

If LA can land Cousins or even Howard, you can hide whatever deficiencies Melo has on defense and Lebron would at least have a stretch 4 that could knock down shots. :hubie:

If he aint gonna do that, then he should join D-Wade in Miami for a :flabbynsick: 03 super team and see if that can work.
Nikka everything you said is 100% correct but oh so wrong.
Did you see melo play this year ?
He tried to do these things and just plain sucked . His game aged faster than crystal meth Latina.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Melo has one year left and deng has 2

Why on earth would okc do this

Deng makes less, if OKC got Deng and they stretched him wouldn't it make the cap hit for them less?

Plus Deng could probably play his role on the team better than Melo :manny:

we're just some desperate laker fans man:mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
not surprising would you want that cancer who doesn't want to come off the bench still on your roster?

thunder will prob play better without that slog

melo has a year or two if hes lucky left in the nba