Old Heads Would Call This Good Defence

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Somebody come in here and explain this to me :russ:

Bu bu but i thought the defense was better back in the day:mjlol:. I thought guys like Lebron and Curry wouldn't have been able to survive the NBA when it was "tough":pachaha:. We ain't even gonna bring up why all them nikkas was wearing panties during the game n shyt:deadrose:. That tragedy is a thread in itself.
tumblr_lnvz1gwMUv1qjnfl4.gif

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
I don't have an opinion as to the level of defense, but posting a clip of highlights from the highest scoring game of all time proves what exactly? I've seen Demarcus Cousins, JR Smith and James Harden clips that are far more egregious.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was about to make this thread myself when I saw this on Facebook. 370 combined points :mjlol:. Kareem penned a column a few years back where he mentioned the 1984 finals. I forget which game, but both teams cracked 120 while combining to attempt maybe 20 shots from deep. You don't want guys like lebron or Wade or Russ or curry or KD playing that fast. Point guard like peak tony Parker or Chris Paul or john wall playing at that pace? Prime Russ might average 40/13/13 playing at the pace of the 80's :heh:. Nobody was prioritizing transition defense back then.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't have an opinion as to the level of defense, but posting a clip of highlights from the highest scoring game of all time proves what exactly? I've seen Demarcus Cousins, JR Smith and James Harden clips that are far more egregious.
Yea thats one player. This was the whole damn team and the rules back then allowed more physically play than it does now

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Only disingenuous old nikkas believe defense was played at all in the 80s :mjlol:
The 80s were all offense. The game added more specialized players in the late 80s, taking off in the 90s.

Players are just as one dimensional now, only it's not exclusively offense like back in the day.