On a scale of Barack Obama to Andrew Jackson, how racially destructive would a Trump Presidency be?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
This is not a circle jerk thread for Trump supporters.

This is an honest question that needs to be asked amidst the disingenuous nativism and xenophobic shift towards people of Mid-east origins and/or of the Islamic faith.

The popular media and the majority of the white electorate continue to gasp in horror at Trump's presidential campaign, when we know he wouldn't have even beat Strom Thurmond for the nomination.

With regards to racist vitriol and expansive government intrusion, does he even touch Woodrow Wilson? Wall or no wall, is he seeing Andrew Jackson? Trump would probably be one of the least racist white folks in the history of our countries executive branch - how fukkn scary/sobering is that thought?

The claim 'make america great again' is not that far-fetched after all. A Trump Presidency is the epitome of America's past (imo).

I think it would do us all good if we spoke about the horrendous possibilities of a Trump Presidency through the lens of America's history of white supremacy.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Trump's presidency would not be any worse than a Hillary presidency for black people except that all of the branches of government would be white and he would probably dumb down the DOJ's Civil RIghts Division. There is also the issue of the judges he would appoint. But these are problems with any Republican. Trump is a bloomberg/Clinton type masquerading as a hardcore right-winger anyway.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Trump's presidency would not be any worse than a Hillary presidency for black people

I respectfully disagree with this statement. It reeks of sensationalism. The best result we can expect from a Trump presidency is the worst result we can expect from Hillary presidency.

except that all of the branches of government would be white and he would probably dumb down the DOJ's Civil RIghts Division. There is also the issue of the judges he would appoint. But these are problems with any Republican. Trump is a bloomberg/Clinton type masquerading as a hardcore right-winger anyway.

This is a large scope of American society to casually throw into an appendix.

That the numerous negatives mounting against Trump fall in line with the Republican party, is exactly why I'm making this thread. As Chris Rock said, "The advantage that my children have is that my children are encountering the nicest white people that America has ever produced. Let's hope America keeps producing nicer white people."

I don't think mainstream media and the national electorate truly understand the meaning of this statement. The more you ogle at Trump's lunacy and consider him a "one off" the more you actually validate past historical grievances as "faults of the past" and not foundations of current human folly.

Everything we're afraid of Trump doing, has actually been done already! :skip:

If Trump deported 2.5 million immigrants, he'd only be tied with Obama.
If Trump torpedoed domestic investment in urban areas, and ignored the rise of a highly infectious disease and drug problem, he'd only be Reagan.
If Trump restored every major government appointment to white males, he'd barely be touching Woodrow Wilson. He accepts support from white nationalist, he just needs to endorse one of the most polarizing films in human history. He still has to throw us into a World War. He still has to massively accelerate segregation throughout every level of government.
If Trump continues and expands the drone wars, again he'd only be tied with Obama.
If Trump continues the overreach of the fed government through the patriot act, and suppresses the press on a national level, he'd only be every wartime President.
If Trump locked down the borders to a specific immigration group, he'd only be FDR, Woodrow Wilson, Chester A. Arthur, and John Adams.
If Trump, by attempting to build a wall, launched us into some diplomatic conflict with Mexico, he'd only be James K. Polk.

My point isn't to say that Trump is good. Lord knows he'd be terrible. But Trump and his ideology are moving targets. Every generation of conservatives elected is a Trump in my eyes.

What is the difference between exploiting the narrative of American exceptionalism and saying "Make America Great Again." They're both dipped in mystique ignorant of America's racial transgressions.

As I said before, Trump would be one of the least racist President's of all time. Scary right? In 3 weeks we're going to celebrate the 4th and pretend that we're not celebrating centuries of Donald Trumps. THAT is fukkn terrifying.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
This is not a circle jerk thread for Trump supporters.

This is an honest question that needs to be asked amidst the disingenuous nativism and xenophobic shift towards people of Mid-east origins and/or of the Islamic faith.

The popular media and the majority of the white electorate continue to gasp in horror at Trump's presidential campaign, when we know he wouldn't have even beat Strom Thurmond for the nomination.

With regards to racist vitriol and expansive government intrusion, does he even touch Woodrow Wilson? Wall or no wall, is he seeing Andrew Jackson? Trump would probably be one of the least racist white folks in the history of our countries executive branch - how fukkn scary/sobering is that thought?

The claim 'make america great again' is not that far-fetched after all. A Trump Presidency is the epitome of America's past (imo).

I think it would do us all good if we spoke about the horrendous possibilities of a Trump Presidency through the lens of America's history of white supremacy.

Hopefully he overturn that damned Dred Scott verdict so we can finally get our damned property back.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@tru_m.a.c I mean, if you think there would be other copycats then I can see your point and I would agree. But you asked about Trump specifically and you framed it as if there is some cataclysm waiting on the horizon if he wins. I would never vote for him and I have arguments against progressives who take the nihilistic approach. But it simply comes down to this--you buy Trump the candidate and I don't. There is no hyperbole in anything I said. Donald Trump over the course of his life has more or less espoused the views of a socially liberal but economically conservative Democrat. I literally have no idea what a President Trump would do. That is what makes him scary to me, and because he's campaigned on a racist platform and won a nomination.

His economic plan also makes no sense and no one would allow him to implement it. When you're an outsider you don't have access to the DC wonksphere. The point is, neither you or I can make any type of prediction about what Trump would do besides standard Republican appointments. So I would say look at Bush's DOJ. But on a national level, Democrats are probably going to take back the Senate and block him on a bunch of shyt. Then you have state governments that are already almost entirely Republican. How much worse can those states get for black people? It would be bad, but every Republican candidate is bad for black people.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@tru_m.a.c I mean, if you think there would be other copycats then I can see your point and I would agree. But you asked about Trump specifically and you framed it as if there is some cataclysm waiting on the horizon if he wins. I would never vote for him and I have arguments against progressives who take the nihilistic approach. But it simply comes down to this--you buy Trump the candidate and I don't. There is no hyperbole in anything I said. Donald Trump over the course of his life has more or less espoused the views of a socially liberal but economically conservative Democrat. I literally have no idea what a President Trump would do. That is what makes him scary to me, and because he's campaigned on a racist platform and won a nomination.

His economic plan also makes no sense and no one would allow him to implement it. When you're an outsider you don't have access to the DC wonksphere. The point is, neither you or I can make any type of prediction about what Trump would do besides standard Republican appointments. So I would say look at Bush's DOJ. But on a national level, Democrats are probably going to take back the Senate and block him on a bunch of shyt. Then you have state governments that are already almost entirely Republican. How much worse can those states get for black people? It would be bad, but every Republican candidate is bad for black people.

No no no, I'm not saying I buy the Trump candidate.

This thread - or my idea behind this thread - was to take a look at how horrified we tend to react to potential Trump atrocities, while propping up ACTUAL Trump's throughout our nations history.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
No no no, I'm not saying I buy the Trump candidate.

This thread - or my idea behind this thread - was to take a look at how horrified we tend to react to potential Trump atrocities, while propping up ACTUAL Trump's throughout our nations history.

Domestic policy: Ulysses S. Grant
Social policy: Richard Nixon
Foreign Affairs: Ronald Reagan

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Trump's presidency would not be any worse than a Hillary presidency for black people except that all of the branches of government would be white and he would probably dumb down the DOJ's Civil RIghts Division. There is also the issue of the judges he would appoint. But these are problems with any Republican. Trump is a bloomberg/Clinton type masquerading as a hardcore right-winger anyway.
I don't think he's a Bloomberg/Clinton type on economics. He seems to be a protectionist.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This doesn't factor in his ongoing aiding and abetting of the birther movement or the damage his inflammatory language towards minorities would do if you gave him the largest pulpit in the world to operate from. His success in this election cycle is empowering an entire generation of bigots.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Doesn't matter.. this country is screwed either way and has a date with it's final destiny :demonbey:

But yeah.. I wouldn't see him being racially destructive. I mean shyt.. when has the usa ever had good race relations to begin with :manny: