Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
I would like to preface the discussion below by making it clear that I understand that under a system of RWS, all Black individuals are equally subject to the same societal challenges and hurdles, and I generally don't believe there is a group of Black individuals that has it 'worse' than the rest. I am simply sharing my perspective.
There's a discussion to be had about how differently the world perceives big, Black individuals.

We tend to strike a different, dangerous kind of fear in the hearts of others even as we simply move through space. Black physicality is seemingly only appreciated and adored when it is placed in the context a of a sport or competition, but it is suddenly fearsome and threatening when removed from it.

I remember reading a @DrX thread last month titled 'Nothing is sadder than big/tall black men with laid back overly passive personalities', and being one of the few people who agreed with the points that were raised.

yall are suppose to protect the community but instead thanks to white supremacy yall walk around all timid and afraid like big fakkits. Walking with your head all down and hands in your pockets like "white people dont worry im harmless"

I worked at this ratchet ass call center for like a week and i swear it was like 80% smoked out nikkas and white trash,[...] but this one big nikka as was the janitor. [...] The crackers in charge of course always patronized him. "Good job""You do great work" Great work? mothafukka put a twist tie on a fukking garbage bag. But cacs get off on that passive aggressive subliminal shyt.

I digress but my point is. Big black men were meant to be warriors. Alot of our warriors have their balls taken away via racism and white supremacy. A 6'4 nikka that look like jon jones shouldn't be wearing a dress. I seen a big nikka roller bladeing on hertel ave last year with his hands behind his back while wearing shorts above his knees. I'm thinking "look at this fakkit, hes suppose to he guarding the community, instead hes probably getting his ass blown out just to live over here" Alotta black men are embracing gay sex for money.

I digress again, but our biggest and strongest men have been turned into bytches and have no place in this society. If u cant dunk you're going to have to get a reg job. Do u know how stupid you're going to look being a 6'4 black man working at target as a cashier of the deli. I urge bigger black men to start business unless u want to either be a cuckold buck or get a shytty retail job or some other low wage bullshyt.

Regardless of how crazy he sounded while making it, he still made a great point. And the @DrX post struck a deeper chord with me, as I had considered it within the historical context of the racist practice of buck-breaking.

[...]
male slaves were purchase based entirely on the prerequisite of them possessing a large penis. Black men were routinely raped by their gay slave owners. The process was known as “breaking the buck.”buck breaking sex farms

It involves a strapping Negro slave, who was defiant, was beaten with a whip till bloody in front of his entire slave congregation. The slave owner would cut down a tree and, with the help of the overseer, would then pummel the deviant “buck” into submission. Once the slave was worn down, the master had the other Negro slaves force him over the tree stump where his britches would be removed and he laid fully exposed buttocks, he would remove his own clothing and proceeded to savagely sodomize the buck in front his wife, family, friends, and children.

“Homosexuality” & Slavery: The History of Black Homosexuality in America

In order for his plan to take effect, he would require the buck’s male child to watch, front row center, so he too can witness his father’s sexual demise and humiliation. Buck Breaking was the slave master’s very effective tool to keep all young black slaves from ever being defiant and taking revenge. It also frightened the mother’s and wives from ever giving consent to an uprising. Buck Breaking was so successful that it was made into a “Sex Farm” where slave master could travel from plantation to plantation feeding their sadistic, homosexual needs.

Link
In this society, it is rarely the case that Big, Black individuals are given positions of visibility.. because of course they attract enough of that already. I oftentimes wonder where all the Big, Black individuals who are not athletic or ''well-spoken'' go? What options are really there for them in an unjust society?

$
When I used to watch SNL, I was always happy to see Leslie Jones - the 6ft tall, beautiful Black comedienne. I also knew that her job could not be easy in the least. How does she balance both her physicality and her humor while managing to not do so at the cost of her Blackness or femininity? How does she navigate her workplace interactions in a place known for its not-so-diverse hiring track record?

084_011914_DATA_Website_2.jpg

However she did it, she did it wonderfully. But none of that mattered when racist, sexist trolls online attacked her before the launch of the then-new all-female Ghostbusters reboot. Like I wrote above, Big, Black individuals attract a lot of attention on their own. The majority the insults hurled at her focused on her height and beautiful, dark complexion. It got so difficult that she had to leave Twitter for some time. Twitter's CEO, Jack Dorsey, eventually reached out to her.

And back to the point I made earlier about how Big, Black individuals attract attention; many times that attention will inspire a response from members of the RWS. The reality of Black physicality is a very real threat to them, and they live with that fear daily. This truism was beautifully covered in the movie 'I Am Not Your Negro' - the same movie, mind you, that was so negatively down-voted by trolls that IMDB.com had to permanently close their message boards.

The root of the white man's hatred is terror.
A bottomless and nameless terror,
which focuses on this dread figure,
an entity which lives only in his mind.
That dread figure alters their entire sense of reality and affects all their interactions with any Big, Black people. Where you or I might simply see a Big, Black person, they instead see a nefarious, otherworldly-being focused on their demise.

And we're reminded regularly of the reality of the fear they are burdened with. No amount of therapy or community outreach or police training or public shaming or safe speaking or safe dressing or protesting or begging or pleading will shake that terror loose from them. It is a burden implicit in and complicit with all forms of whiteness, and it is theirs to bear eternally.
When race soldiers ruthlessly murdered young Big, Black individuals Trayvon Martin (6'0'', 160lbs, 17yrs), Michael Brown (6'5'', 210lbs, 18yrs), and Tamir Rice (5'7'', 195lbs, 12yrs), they all uttered the same ugly, indefensible words, "I feared for my life".

Or who can forget when uniformed thugs assaulted Rodney King (6'3", unknown, 26yrs) on camera, or when 24yr-old FAMU football star Johnathan Ferrell was shot as he went door-to-door seeking help after being involved in a car accident?

Not a single one of the officers involved these cases were convicted.

As this thread reaches its end, I realise that although it is finished in one sense, it still has not reached its conclusion.

The road ahead of us is long and winding. All of us, as Black individuals, have our roles to play in restoring a system of equality and justice. Peace be with us all.

Last edited:

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
Uh this is very true on what OP posted....being a big black man you really have to be extra careful.

I am 6'3 275 and heavily tattooed...both arms sleeved fully.

I was taught that me being a big and tall black man...that instantly warrants me to be an intimidating black man that I am a big target...I do not stand close to white people in the grocery store or even interact with them in public without a deep concern of my safety at all times. Ever since I was a child I was trained with my brother not to laugh, joke or give white people eye contact as it would warrant problems...I can't tell you how many times when I was very young when a white man would engage my brother and I or a few of my friends we would simply stop what we are doing and just walk away...mind you this was for our own safety.

Even to this day I do not smile at all especially around white people or engage them...and also I have huge dimples...I really don't like anyone asking about my dimples. Seriously. :martin:

My parents taught me not to acknowledge them in public unless it's a cop. Don't engage them or try to assist them in any fashion just keep it moving no matter what...:hubie:

It's hard to do as I have whites working for me and some white people do look my way to say hi but still I just look at them and then the other way while I am walking. It's a very very hard habit to break but with what is going on in 2017 that warning my parents gave me and my brother has kept us alive and AWARE.

Most of them look at me with concern and fear but it's been something my mother and father indoctrinated into me and my brother since we are both over 6ft.

What is even worse is if you are a big black man and carry yourself with pride and speak with intelligence it really gets white people irritable and upset. I have seen this first hand to myself and other black men....white people are very comfortable if you are acting how they expect you to act.

They aren't pleased at all when you are not what they expect in voice, dress, education, financial background,experience etc. :dame::beli:

I know its 2017 and maybe I need to adjust my behavior but it's those same rules that kept me alive...but this is a part of being black and just trying to live everyday here. :manny:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uh this is very true on what OP posted....being a big black man you really have to be extra careful.

I am 6'3 275 and heavily tattooed...both arms sleeved fully.

I was taught that me being a intimidating black man that I am a big target...I do not stand close to white people in the grocery store or even interact with them in public without a deep concern of my safety at all times. My parents taught me not to acknowledge them in public unless it's a cop. Don't engage them or try to assist them in any fashion just keep it moving no matter what...

It's hard to do as I have whites working for me and some white people do look my way to say hi but still I just look at them and then the other way while I am walking. It's a very very hard habit to break but with what is going on in 2017 that warning my parents gave me and my brother has kept us alive and AWARE.

Most of them look at me with concern and fear but it's been something my mother and father indoctrinated into me and my brother since we are both over 6ft.

What is even worse is if you are a big black man and carry yourself with pride and speak with intelligence it really gets white people irritable and upset. I have seen this first hand to myself and other black men....white people are very comfortable if you are acting how they expect you to act.

They aren't pleased at all when you are not what they expect in voice, dress, education, financial background,experience etc.

I know its 2017 and maybe I need to adjust my behavior but it's those same rules that kept me alive...but this is a part of being black and just trying to live everyday here.
Yessir, all of this right here.. I'm 6'4" and I can relate to your entire post, breh.. I'm always amazed by how easily and carefree a lot of my other Black friends move through space.. At any given point in the day, I'm always spending an amount of energy thinking about the way I'm occupying the space around me, but that doesn't seem to be as much of a concern to them. Quick hand movements or anything beyond a measured walking pace will elicit stares from fearful cacs in the vicinity. Hoodies seem to be even scarier to the average cac when its XXL. It's been a long and beautiful experience learning how to truly be myself regardless of what they may act like. These days I'll wear my timbs, keep my hoodie on and my hands in my pocket with no problem because I know now that my Black physicality is not theirs to be managed or made small by. The Creator made us the way He did for a reason, and no cac will diminish or minimize that.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
And the same principle that allows black men and women to be seen as underserving of pain medication in medical/emergency health situations cause we're seen as more pain tolerant/resistant...
They did this shyt with my grandfather when he was in the hospital battling cancer. Moms and pops set their asses straight though

Daps
I'm 6'0 235, big hands, broad shoulders. A lot of people say I look like a football player. I'm careful and mindful of what I do, because it may come out the wrong way. I work in a cac town and went to this restaurant that I had no idea was full of cacs, tried so hard not to :mjlol:because I was bigger than everybody, on some I'm Tyrone and I'm here to fuk yo wife type sht:bryan:

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm 6'0 235, big hands, broad shoulders. A lot of people say I look like a football player. I'm careful and mindful of what I do, because it may come out the wrong way. I work in a cac town and went to this restaurant that I had no idea was full of cacs, tried so hard not to :mjlol:because I was bigger than everybody, on some I'm Tyrone and I'm here to fuk yo wife type sht:bryan:
That feeling of knowing that if it comes down to it, you can always beat their ass on a one on one tho :mjgrin: nothing like it.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
your countenance is key in this equation
if you got the face of a big soft teddy bear you don't get that response
if you ugly it might just be repulsion

intimidation can come with extremely sharp features/hypermasculine features