• One Piece

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Dragon Ball (whole universe)

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Of course its hella rebellions, the World Government literally nuked an island because they could read:dead:

The rich elites(celestial dragons) have slave auctions.

Lowkey , one piece haters would likeley vote for desantis. He deleting history from FL schools like the world government and the void century:mjpls:

all im saying is reducing them down to the bare bones to call them repetitive isn't really a criticism :manny:

arlong park vs alabasta vs marineford are three very different types of separations and rebellions

saiyan arc vs frieza arc vs cell arc are three very different types of evil showing up and training to beat the bad guys

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
OG Dragon Ball is the old school GOAT, One Piece is the new GOAT.

DBZ is overrated.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Every trope you see in modern shonen is from Dragonball. You’re being disingenuous if you deny that.
So you gonna ignore the three things i wrote that make up every db fight:scust:

even the frreze frame with the special attack name in big japanese letters trope is from fist of the north star

I hate having anime discussions with db stans cuz db the only shyt they ever seen.:francis:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
This ain't Japan. The overwhelming majority of folks in the western world are going to chose Dragonball over One Piece, including me :mjgrin:
That 4kids dub stunted one piece growth in the west no doubt about it :francis:

Toei is animating both franchises yet only one is getting near movie quality animation on a weekly basis:sas2:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
My dumb ass added the poll too late and I've been here for like 5+ years ..I think:mjlol:

I stopped watching One Piece when I was a kid, I think I might pick up the manga and read it. I dead ass don't have the time to watch 800+ episodes

Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a narrative standpoint, One Piece is better. The foreshadowing, worldbuilding, and callbacks are unparalleled.
Imagine if little kid Goku had found the blueprints for Androids 16/17/18/19 and Cell during the Red Ribbon arc, years and years before those characters actually become a part of the main storyline. That’s the kind of storytelling One Piece does on the regular.

One Piece also does a better job of letting all the main characters shine, as opposed to Dragonball which eventually became the Goku and Vegeta show after a certain point.

I will say that Dragonball is more influential than One Piece though. Dragonball had a way bigger impact on anime as a whole because it was the first series of its kind. Dragonball/Z was an actual gamechanger.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Dragon Ball belongs on the Mount Rushmore of anime, but One Piece is probably objectively just an overall better series. More unique characters, better story, more lore, world building, drama, etc. Has an actual end goal.
So does FMA and AoT. Both superior in almost every possible way to One Piece. One Piece lacking the inspiration of a DBZ puts it at ends with other anime that is just all around better, such as one I mentioned. :yeshrug: