One time for “Mama’s Gun” :)

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I just wanted to take the time to appreciate one of my favorite albums of all time, Mama’s Gun. I truly believe this album is perfection from, start to finish. Erykah’s songwriting is great, and the production is very raw and organic as well with the live instrumentation throughout the album. Her voice is so jazzy and very reminiscent of Billie Holiday. I’ve always saw this album album as the sister to D’Angelo’s Voodoo, given that the same collective of musicians (The Soulquarians) we’re apart of this albums creative process. Come in and discuss and share your favorite songs. :smile:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think A.D. 2000 and Green Eyes are my two favorite songs on this album. I still need to add it to my vinyl collection. :wub:

Jon Oh!

NoCondom.
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I meaannn as good as this was I still put it on a lower tier than New Amerykah 1 & 2...they my go to's...this bump to but I feel if we talking perfection, the New Amerykahs got that feel man:lawd:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I meaannn as good as this was I still put it on a lower tier than New Amerykah 1 & 2...they my go to's...this bump to but I feel if we talking perfection, the New Amerykahs got that feel man:lawd:
I love both New Amerykah albums (especially the first one), but Mama’s Gun is her magnum opus in my opinion. :yeshrug:

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila
couldn't agree more with the "sister album" comments in here. but in no way mean that like this album (or baduizm) couldn't stand on their own. definitely a perfect play from front to back.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Any other takers? I know there are people in this section who love this album.