Outside the 99-00 period, the WWE has never had

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Tag team westling in the 80's to early 90's was great...right up until they split the rockers/foundation it was a main reason I watched. Demolition w/fuji, powers of pain, the hart foundation on and on....

James Dean

All Star
Daps
what was great about the buildup besides the limp bizkit video? as for mania 17 being the best of all time, well yeah it was the peak of the attitude era. zero chance to fukk it up when you have rock and austin headlining, plus tlc.

but as far as "creative" goes the wwe during that time was at its best from 96-2000. 2001 was a clusterfukk with the invasion. heyman saved smackdown post brand split in 2002

Sort of agree but cant forget about that Rock/Austin sit down and the brawl right before the PPV.

Rock/Austin provided some good entertaining moments but their serious stuff gets overlooked.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
bret was being "groomed" in 86(came to the wwf in like 85) but didn't have a legit singles run until 1991 :dead:

shawn was being groomed by vince but in other ways :mjpls: and it still took him 4 years and flat out demanding to get to singles run for it to happen.

just admit you were wrong on the wwf 1980s tag team scene man.

as far as mentioning nwa, I was just giving you a bit of a history lesson.

the POINT is tho, that the tag team scene in the wwf in the 80s was legit, unlike what you're attempting to say
Actually there was a SHORT time they tried Bret out as a singles guy in late 1989. It ran from October through November. He worked the house show circuit and was supposed to get a feud with Macho King the following year. For whatever reason, Vince changed his mind and put him back with Anvil and started pushing them towards the tag titles again but Shawn was never groomed for the a singles run until the decided to split the Rockers.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zero chance to fukk it up?? They had two half-ass Manias back-to-back before that, even with WWF at its peak in popularity. There was definitely still a chance to create a shytty program- Mania XV had Rock and Austin headlining too, rest of the show was ass.

Yeah most of the talent roster wrestling wise was shyt. Majority of the ppvs were shyt

It's just that Austin and the drama storylines were so good

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Actually there was a SHORT time they tried Bret out as a singles guy in late 1989. It ran from October through November. He worked the house show circuit and was supposed to get a feud with Macho King the following year. For whatever reason, Vince changed his mind and put him back with Anvil and started pushing them towards the tag titles again but Shawn was never groomed for the a singles run until the decided to split the Rockers.
i know, thats why I said "legit" for Bret

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They toyed with the idea. HitGOAT had a brief singles feud with Mr. Perfect right around WrestleMania V also and the year before that with Bad News Brown. But he was still teaming with Anvil through all that. Shawn was not groomed for a run until they split.