Do you censor what your children view online?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Based on your experiences with the internet and online interactions, would you allow your children unrestricted access to the internet? Unsupervised?

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
your OP and poll are asking two different questions...just FYI as people may read one or the other and fukk up their answer.

anyway, yes, i'd limit their access, slowly loosening restrictions as they age.

Okay, I edited the poll, thank you for pointing out the inconsistency.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
would i allow it? Hell No!

will they still likely find unrestricted access through other means? most likely
:manny:

Okay. Now would you also specifically want to see them as they are doing it? For example, different messaging platforms or online sites where pictures are used and shared regardless of if the subject gave consent?

stave

Superstar
Daps
No.

And most definitely not unsupervised.

I check mine's internet history quite often and I don't let him keep the phone when he is over. I may let him use it for a short period but I am around. Then I send it back with his mother.

She doesn't do the same thing and that's why she has problems I don't. Now she can't wait until that contract she signed is up lmao

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
The internet can undo a decade's worth of good parenting if you really think about it. Quietly and subtly.

Yeah, I’ve been mulling some thoughts on this subject for a VERY long time. Ruminating, almost. My willingness to share and speak honestly onljne has been torpedoed :wow: But, maybe I just didn’t know what was REALLY good?:wow:

Ian Ahbaa f/ Area51

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
²15
i wouldn’t necessarily want to watch them while they’re on the net.. i would just try to set guidelines and trust them to follow them. to check up i would inspect they’re browsing history at first and only allow them to download certain apps, ones that i & their mother approve of.

my daughter has an ipad & iphone at 10 years old and the family share with program through apple allows me to set restrictions and i have to “allow” her to download any apps she wants on either device. it’s convenient and it gives me a little piece of mind but i also imagine she has friends whose parents don’t police internet/app access at all. she can easily go on snap chat or whatever tf if she chooses from their phone.

i think the most important part is that your kids don’t feel like you don’t trust them and they have yet to do anything suspect. kids rebel cause of stuff like that often.