Pastor Ralph Douglas West in Houston ordered to pay $2.45M after found liable for spreading genital herpes

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
crazy part is that folks who have herpes just need to take meds/use condoms and they would never spread it. shyt taking meds is enough without the condoms.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
crazy part is that folks who have herpes just need to take meds/use condoms and they would never spread it. shyt taking meds is enough without the condoms.
True. Muhfukkas get lazy though cause it's a daily pill I believe.

Folks don't even take their multivitamin daily

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Screen-Shot-2023-10-24-at-3.35.16-PM-480x352.png

FOX 26 DigitalPublished
October 12, 2023
Updated October 16, 2023

HOUSTON - In Harris County, a jury reached a verdict in the case of a Houston area pastor finding him liable for transmitting genital herpes and ordered to pay for damages.

Ralph Douglas West II, an assistant pastor at The Church Without Walls in Houston, was found liable in the case of D.C. v. Ralph Douglas West II for battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and fraudulent concealment.

The jury's verdict included $1,450,000 in compensatory damages and $1,000,000 in exemplary/punitive damages, resulting in a total of $2.45 million, which is believed to be the largest ever awarded in Texas for a case of this nature.

Shaun Murphy, a partner at the law firm Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney, LLP, who represented the plaintiff stated, "We truly hope this verdict sends a strong message to people throughout Texas and the United States who are infected with sexually transmitted diseases that they must disclose having the disease before engaging in sexual intercourse with any others. It is also important for those who have suffered harm after being infected due to another's negligent or intentional conduct to know they have a legal remedy."

This case represents one of several trial victories and settlements achieved by Murphy on behalf of victims of genital herpes transmission in the United States. Notably, it marks the largest verdict not only in Texas but also in the states of California and Washington.

"I suspect there are many people who don't know that in every state in the U.S., it is unlawful for a person who knows they have a sexually transmitted disease to communicate the disease to another person through sexual contact or to even have sexual contact with another person unless they have informed their partner that they are infected with a sexually transmitted disease," Murphy stated. "In fact, it is considered fraud to knowingly endanger another person in this way, which exposes the person who transmits the STD to potential civil liability for substantial monetary damages."

003hh652

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:what: nah man i dont know where you got this info from and im praying that you dont actually got it and live and think like this cause this is extremely inaccurate and irresponsible :camby:

im not going to sit up here and act like im a medical professional, but from my understanding the meds only stop the outbreaks on you. You can still pass it to people even if you are not outbreaking :scust:

I dont got that shyt so it aint my concern so someone smarter than me would have to chime in here but thats from my understanding :scust:

I really hope you not out here just poppin some pills while having the bug and still having raw sex :scust: