Peacock Reaches 26 Million Subscribers

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Peacock Reaches 26 Million Subscribers

NBC Universal’s streaming platform Peacock has surpassed 26 million subscribers, according to an announcement made by NBCU CEO Jeff Shell during the UBS Global TMT Virtual Investor Conference Tuesday. That’s up from the 22 million reported at the end of Q3.

The ad-supported streaming service has had some fast-paced growth since launching to Xfinity Flex customers in April of this year and nationwide in July where it reached 10 million subscribers. One reason for the jump in subscriber numbers was the distribution deal Peacock made with Roku that month.

“We are exceeding our expectations on all engagement metrics in only a few months,” Brian Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast said in a statement earlier this year.

Comcast projects Peacock will reach 35 million subscribers by the end of 2024.

Peacock has three subscription tiers: Premium Free (with ads), Peacock Premium for $4.99/month and Peacock Premium with no ads for $9.99/month. Xfinity and Cox customers have free access to Peacock Premium. Comcast has not shared how many of its users are paying for the service and how many are using the free tier.

link:
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/peacock-reaches-26-million-subscribers/

calh45

Cal
Daps
And I cancelled my shyt last week after finding out you don't get all of the premier league and no Sunday night football.

Do people really care about friends and seinfeld and the office that much?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They counting the free subscriptions? I signed up for the free version that only gives you access to certain things.

of course they are counting the free subs. Since they run ads, that is still revenue for Comcast/Universal/NBC.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Those TV shows are a lot of folks' comfort food so yeah. :manny:
People are rapidly running out of things to watch. Why not rewatch some old classics that are readily available?

Maybe I'm just easily entertained or something because i wouldn't pay for an entire thing just for a few shows. Netflix got a wild amount of shyt for me to watch. I'm watching a french show called into the night, watched a Russian show about cyborgs, and a norwegian show about thor and loki reincarnated......there's a Japanese show about a midnight diner that I'm getting into too.

I just go international as fukk when there's no english shyt I want to watch.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I'm just easily entertained or something because i wouldn't pay for an entire thing just for a few shows. Netflix got a wild amount of shyt for me to watch. I'm watching a french show called into the night, watched a Russian show about cyborgs, and a norwegian show about thor and loki reincarnated......there's a Japanese show about a midnight diner that I'm getting into too.

I just go international as fukk when there's no english shyt I want to watch.

It's what I've been doing. That's why it's funny when I see the good ole netflix is trash argument. Most of the time all the foreign content is ignored or considered trash just for being foreign. :unimpressed:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
It's what I've been doing. That's why it's funny when I see the good ole netflix is trash argument. Most of the time all the foreign content is ignored or considered trash just for being foreign. :unimpressed:
Gotta search netflix for sure, look around a bit. Most people open it up and just look at the trending or “you may like” and cant find anything they dont think is trash.