People Are Sleeping On Scorpio's Potential

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
It's the most powerful console of the new gen, taking away the graphic talking points used against it all throughout last gen. It will sell for 399, which is a strong selling point within itself. You could argue the cheaper price is what helped 360 win that gen.

Most importantly, the game lineup is being slept on:

State of Decay 2: a fully realized open world MMO zombie game that everyone was clamoring for. This game alone could be a massive hit.

Sea Of Thieves: A Pirates! Gold MMO. Enough said. If Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy 11/14 is any indication, an MMO on console always has MAJOR potential. Even the lower teir games like Everquest and Elderscrolls has large and consistent player bases because consoles are starved for the genre.

Crackdown 3. A sandbox open world game that gives you possibilities and freedom never thought possible in the genre. Besides that the gameplay is superb. It grabbed the gang takedown elements of San Andreas and combined it with superhero RPG mechanics.

Xbox Game Pass: Sega Channel returned. The future of games with gold aside, this is a brilliant idea that can sway casuals to XBox's side. Playing games like Madden, 2K, COD and the like with the highest graphical output and framerates allowed on a console, all the while giving you a massive evolving library to start.

Granted the library is smaller on Scorpio, but the potential that comes with these exclusives could potentially last the entire gen. I can see the player base of Sea Of Thieves and State of Decay lasting for 5 years.

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
State of decay 2 - interested to see that on Scorpio.

Sea of thieves - don't ever compare that trash to phantasy star online. Playing in the beta, this game doesn't have the legs close to an mmo like pso or ff14.

Crackdown - Could be good as a tech demo for Scorpio.

Game pass - Good idea, but sports titles like nba2k16 and Madden '16? nah I'm good. It only succeeds if publishers release newer content, not 2yr old sports titles.

Lýba'rhaésheýun

Tha Blaq Lýba'rhaésheýun Nhetwerqq
Daps
Reppin
Miami
:ld: Well.... I gotta see wazup wit dem games tho. :mjpls:

I Guess I just lack the ability to get hyped over hardware. The Pro Didn't phase me either :mjpls:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Sea of thieves - don't ever compare that trash to phantasy star online. Playing in the beta, this game doesn't have the legs close to an mmo like pso or ff14.

Pantasy Star online wasn't even that good, which is the point, because an MMO on console has a small chance of failing because console gamers are starved for it.

Crackdown - Could be good as a tech demo for Scorpio.

Most likely it'll be a system seller.

Game pass - Good idea, but sports titles like nba2k16 and Madden '16? nah I'm good. It only succeeds if publishers release newer content, not 2yr old sports titles.

Not really. Most people like me wait for price drops and sales with most games, this is a good way to have access to those games.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's the most powerful console of the new gen, taking away the graphic talking points used against it all throughout last gen. It will sell for 399, which is a strong selling point within itself. You could argue the cheaper price is what helped 360 win that gen.

Most importantly, the game lineup is being slept on:

State of Decay 2: a fully realized open world MMO zombie game that everyone was clamoring for. This game alone could be a massive hit.

Sea Of Thieves: A Pirates! Gold MMO. Enough said. If Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy 11/14 is any indication, an MMO on console always has MAJOR potential. Even the lower teir games like Everquest and Elderscrolls has large and consistent player bases because consoles are starved for the genre.

Crackdown 3. A sandbox open world game that gives you possibilities and freedom never thought possible in the genre. Besides that the gameplay is superb. It grabbed the gang takedown elements of San Andreas and combined it with superhero RPG mechanics.

Xbox Game Pass: Sega Channel returned. The future of games with gold aside, this is a brilliant idea that can sway casuals to XBox's side. Playing games like Madden, 2K, COD and the like with the highest graphical output and framerates allowed on a console, all the while giving you a massive evolving library to start.

Granted the library is smaller on Scorpio, but the potential that comes with these exclusives could potentially last the entire gen. I can see the player base of Sea Of Thieves and State of Decay lasting for 5 years.

Problem is outside of Halo and Gears, new Xbox ips have flopped this gen and since Scorpio isn't going to have it's own exclusives, it's not a new gen console.

I hope the price of 399 is true though because I'll have one day 1.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Problem is outside of Halo and Gears, new Xbox ips have flopped this gen and since Scorpio isn't going to have it's own exclusives, it's not a new gen console.

Scorpio will have it's own exclusives. I don't give a fukk about that windows 10 shyt, no one who doesn't already have an xbox is going to use it. My point is, even though the totality of the library will be lacking compared to Sony, the games they ARE dropping have massive potential to be hits. If Halo, Gears, Forza, Crackdown, State Of Decay, ect are good games and sell well, Microsoft can rest on those merits alone.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only game out the bunch I don't see being a flop is Crackdown 3. The pirate game is going to flop, and state of decay meh. Low key Xbox knows they audience as long as they have the best versions of the third party titles with sports and shooters. They should be alright.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Only game out the bunch I don't see being a flop is Crackdown 3. The pirate game is going to flop, and state of decay meh. Low key Xbox knows they audience as long as they have the best versions of the third party titles with sports and shooters. They should be alright.

State of Decay has by far the most potential. The first one was single player only and it was a massive hit. An exclusive MMO sequel is going to sell out.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

I don't think we will ever see such a thing as a "new gen" console as the lines are going to be blurred.