People In Open Relationships Are Just As Happy As Monogamous People, Study Finds

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Full article in the link :hubie:

Here's a piece of vindicating news that may strike some of you as extremely obvious: People in ethically non-monogamous relationships report as high a level of satisfaction as people in monogamous ones, according to a new study. Which probably won't shock readers already engaged in consensual open relationships.

Researchers at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, surveyed 200 people in monogamous relationships and 140 people in non-monogamous ones (that involved a primary partnership), asking participants questions designed to gauge their overall satisfaction with their chosen situation: How often they think about separating, whether or not they treated their partner as a confidant, and to score their overall happiness in the relationship. Ultimately, according to Jessica Wood — an applied social psychology PhD student and the study's lead author — "We found people in consensual, non-monogamous relationships experience the same levels of relationship satisfaction, psychological well-being and sexual satisfaction as those in monogamous relationships. This debunks societal views of monogamy as being the ideal relationship structure."

24441c8a-67a7-4952-8075-52bae2bedb62-nonmonog2.jpg

A New Study Busts This Common Misconception About Open Relationships

King Poetic

Can You Spot Me A 20?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On The Pacific
Researchers at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, surveyed 200 people in monogamous relationships and 140 people in non-monogamous ones (that involved a primary partnership)

:stopitslime: this is nothing but white people study here sir

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
People are not meant to be monogamous like that, let's keep it a buck. I'm surprised so many men are chasing traditional romantic notions that failed us in the first place. It's better to deal with ppl as they are than to mold then to fit society's ideal. Better to be in an open arrangement than to live with someone and go behind they back.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Like I said before, this is why I don't really see myself married. I'm too horny and I'm not committed like that.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You knee grows are only comfortable with you being non-monogamous in a relationship. Have it be the women being non-monogamous and you would lose your shyt.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you choose to be in an open relationship then yeah you're likely going to be just as happy at a rate as happy people in monogamous relationships.

it's WHAT YOU CHOSE, just like they chose monogamous relationships. :stopitslime:

that don't make it natural.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Goes with great quote from life legend Melo "She's married I am not"

Since White people are the majority they get off on being put in their place in the weirdest ways like like watching a black man nut inside of his wife then eat the fluids only worse than that is some of them breed out their wives and raise these biracial cats

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
1. How the fukk do you measure happiness?

2. People who are happy in open relationships are probably happy because that's what they're built for and vice versa with people in monogamous. That's like saying "musicians are just as happy as comedians"...but make them swap positions and I bet they wouldn't be "just as happy".

I'm all for open relationships, but this "study" just has agenda written all over it and is full of bias