People with depression: You can fight and WIN!

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
I don't really have feelings and I lack empathy for other people. I feel numb to most things in life. I tell people what they want to hear to get what I need from them, even if I don't mean it. I only look out for myself and don't care if I'm doing the "wrong" thing as long as it benefits me. I don't care if other people get hurt tbh. I don't believe in love either.

None of this stems from my childhood or any past relationships or trauma, just the way I am. I've tried to change but it comes off as fake and I go back to my old ways. I thought I was depressed, but I don't feel sad, just empty. Idk :yeshrug: I'm content with the way I am.
me... i hate it tho

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
I don't really have feelings and I lack empathy for other people. I feel numb to most things in life. I tell people what they want to hear to get what I need from them, even if I don't mean it. I only look out for myself and don't care if I'm doing the "wrong" thing as long as it benefits me. I don't care if other people get hurt tbh. I don't believe in love either.

None of this stems from my childhood or any past relationships or trauma, just the way I am. I've tried to change but it comes off as fake and I go back to my old ways. I thought I was depressed, but I don't feel sad, just empty. Idk :yeshrug: I'm content with the way I am.
200.gif

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast

most likely you're a narcissist fam

Working Knowledge: How to Tell the Difference Between a Narcissist and a Sociopath

this is kinda interesting and a simple article that explains the difference

most people on message boards like this are narcissists, at least from what i can tell

i think everyone has a level of sociopathy in them, but a true sociopath is a special breed

how successful are you in life? and how quickly did you get to that point? that's a pretty good gauge of your sociopathy

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse

Damn, I feel the same way. :francis: So many of my friends are into social justice, help the poor, feed the hungry, stop sexual abuse, etc. and I go along with it, but deep down, I really don't give a shyt and I only really care about my own interests. I want to believe in love I but keep getting exposed to the bullshyt that passes off as "love" but is really lust, or some reciprocal agreement (woman pretends to love a man for his money/status, etc.):yeshrug:

Last edited:

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps

Sounds a lot like me tbh

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Good evening coli, hope all is well with everyone.

It takes work. A day at a time, a moment at a time, anyone can recover. We can't do it alone. Some days will be better than others.